8

janae
august 27

"lemme see that nigga u let get in your bed," nadia, my cousin told me.

nadia was the closest thing to a best friend i had. she was my cousin, my mom's sister daughter. me and her been together like that since we both gained consciousness, and it wasn't really anything that would break this.

"stop, nadia. he was just cold and i felt bad," i answered a bit ashamed. i did let him sleep in my bed, and i was even a bit sad when i woke up and found my parents here and sergio gone.

"and you let him into bed. but whatever, let me see him." i rolled my eyes before showing her a picture he took of us together as i slept, he had his mouth open like he was gonna eat my face.

"janaeee," she said in a teasing but approving tone. and like she knew something. "you better keep that nigga. lemme show you."

she scrolled on her phone until she went to her following list on tiktok. she clicked an account and there was sergio, with 800k followers. my mouth hung in complete shock.

"and that's not it, hold on." she went to her instagram, where he had 300k just on there.

"you're fucking lying," i yelled out not to loudly. i punched her arm and quickly got off her bed.

"i'm not." she followed my lead out her bed. she took my hands, swinging them around with a shit eating grin on her face. "get that bag ms girl."

"you're lying. you're a liar," i replied.

sergio had about 1 million on platforms all together. i've been making friends with a nigga who's famous. damn.
and i didn't even know.

"i'm not. but ask him yourself." i quickly got out my phone to go to out messages. the last text was when i was asking him to take me home. i liked his truck way better than that loud ass bus.

"damn girl, yall personal and everything." i rolled my eyes before sending him a text. basically just said what's your ig.

"ooo bubbles." i looked and he already replied. i went to search it up and there was the same account with 300k.

"damn," i said. "what do i do now?"

"pop that pussy and get your get that bag. do you know how much these people make?"

"no.. why?"

"come here lil girl. remember me when you get that hellcat."

"girl shut the fuck up and lay this wig," i cackled. i sat back down on her bed, since she said she'd be more comfortable there and itll look better.

i actually think she's stupid cause makeup is gonna get all over her bed but whatever.

she put more foundation on the bald cap as i just looked back on my camera to see what she was doing.

"are you sure your mom won't beat me and you for this?" she asked when she finally cut the edges.

i begged her to do it since she knew how to do hair and her mom wasn't as strict anymore like mine. i knew how to do my own protective styles but i couldn't exactly go to the beauty store and buy some bundles without my mom or my dad knowing cause who else was gonna take me.

i also just didn't feel like to do something i barely know so since i've been looking at her through my camera most the time.

"i mean, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission i guess. didn't you do the same?" i replied.

"yeah okay," she laughed, laying my edges. "but your mom better not come up with a belt lookin for me."

"she won't. she hasn't beat me since like 9th or 10th."

"aight." she turned to look at me, a smile grew on her face. "damn i did a good job, where's my money?" i laughed, slapping her hand with nothing cause that was what she was getting.

"it is good though. i'm proud of you stinka butt," i told her, admiring myself in my camera.

i might have my little episodes where i think i'm ugly and wanna be someone else but a bad bitch personality was in this body right now. i knew that i'll feel super ugly soon but ima enjoy myself right now.

"okay now. hurry up and make that essay fore your mom comes and whoops your ass in front of me."

"wait lemme take some pictures. i don't wanna take it off without taking pictures if she doesn't like it."

"whatever." she turned on her tv while i went to her bathroom.

i took a few pictures and added them to my me album and went back. "did you send any to your bae?" nadia asked me with an evil grin on her face.

"no..." i answered uncertainty. i didn't know what she was about to do but i knew i was gon suffer from it.

she snatched my phone from my hand and ran away from me. nadia was in track and ran 200m in 27 seconds so trust i wasn't gonna catch her.

i did track but that was a long time ago, i was just waiting for basketball season now. or soccer.

i tried opening the door but she locked it, so i resorted to banging on the door. her mom wasn't here and all her siblings were grown and moved out or were at work right now, so nobody heard.

after a few minutes of me just banging she opened the door with a big ass grin on her face, with all her teeth.

"what did you do, nadia?" i asked. she smiled even more before just giving me back my phone, no more running nothing.

"nadia.." she just went in her room, leaving me in the hallway.

my first instinct was to check me and sergio's messages and yeah i was right to. nadia's ugly self sent a photo i took to him asking him do u like my hair with random ass emojis.

"nadia i'm gonna kill you!"