Chapter 24: Sympathy V.S Empathy

Zacznij od początku

An intimidating arua surrounded him, but it was mostly shrouded with what you could describe as...

Fatherly?

???: how are you feeling young man?

As if you were speaking to a person of high standing, you almost immediately changed your fragile and Cautious tone for one that was confident...or atleast with all the confidence you could muster.

Y/N: i-I'm fine sir...

???: "sir"...?

.
.
.
Oh crap
.
.
.

Like a tidal wave of haywire emotions washing over you.

Why the hell did you say sir?

Why did you feel like you were talking to Tai again?

Why did you feel like you were back to square one?

Again your heart began to beat like a drum in your chest as you tried to hide the fact you were pretty much having a hidden panic attack right now.

Kali: hun, maybe not sounding like a chieftain would be better...

There was a small pause between the two of them as they seemed to convey eachother with an array of sign language.

???: ah, I see...

You heard the large man kneel down next to the bed before placing a hand on your shoulder.

N: I'm sorry s- I-...I didn't mean t-

???: it's OK son...there's no need to be afraid here...

With his right hand on your right shoulder, you managed to stable your breathing before taking in a deep breath of air with a sigh of relief.

Kali: sorry if my husband scared you there. Ghira is still getting used to swaying his voice from chief, and leader to husband, and father~

You felt you heart cease its ever present ringing in your ears as your anxiety finally began to wade.

Ghira: allow me to introduce myself...my name is Ghira Belladona, chieftain of Menagerie...

You managed to smile in their direction before speaking.

Y/N: h-hello...my name is Y/N...it's nice to meet you.

You held out your hand to greet the chieftain out of respect.

The hand that grasped onto yours almost dwarfed your hand in comparison. Yet the hand shake didn't hurt at all despite the obvious size difference...he was worried about hurting you?...

Maybe you could trust these people...

Ghira: well Y/N, do you mind telling us about yourself?

Your smile became a bit more true as trust and hope found its way into your heart once more...your semblance picked this up as your antlers began to softly glow.

Y/N: well...it's quite the story...

*somewhere in Salem's Castle*

Salem paced back and forth along the main meeting room while bitting down on her nail. She quietly swore to end the boy that managed to almost kill her in her own castle.

Salem: That damn child...I'll make sure he suffers for this!

She looked down from the nail she was impatiently bitting on before noticing that down along her fore arm, cracked stone and incomplete form ran down her arm.

Salem: DAMMIT!!!

Salem shouted in anger as she tore off her right arm before throwing her now dead arm away to disintegrate.