Chapter 23: From Secret Admirers

----------------------------------------------------------

Corky: OK, so let me be blunt and truthful before the chapter starts...I have never been more proud of you guys! You made your own option and agreed on it with good facts and interesting paths!...nice~...now let's see what's gonna happen next~

----------------------------------------------------------

??? pov

I Sat down in the town square near the fountain, listening to the hundreds that moved around me...all were faunus, with the exception of a few human traders, but...it was peaceful...the sun was slowly setting on the town as lanterns and fires were lit to brave the oncoming night.

The calm waters rhat surrounded our islands; the good people of Menagerie that helped us keep our paradise to our selves...

I smiled gladly as a few children passed by while waving towards me, and so I waved back with a heart felt smile...but as I watched them return to their parents...I couldn't help but relate...

???: Blake...where are you?...

I whispered to myself under bated breath as I closed my eyes for only a moment.

???: Ghira...honey, what are you doing?

I opened my eyes to see the very woman that helped me build every brick and stone of the town I now oversee...Kali...

Ghira: ah, I was just sitting down to rest for a moment...you know how I like to see the town up close...

I spoke with honesty in the face of my beloved as she dusted off the area next to me before sitting down herself.

Kali: I see...so you weren't worry about our daughter?~

I sighed out of annoyance...she always knew what was on my mind...

Ghira: yes sweet...yes I was...

She scooted closer to me before placing a hand on my shoulder.

Kali: don't worry. Our daughter is strong...she'll find her way home, I just know it...besides, she is a Belladonna after all~

She spoke with such confidence and tone it started to ease my worries of my only daughter...atleast a little bit.

Kali: besides!- a worried face just wouldn't suit the face of Menagerie's chieftain.

We shared a small laugh as we embraced echother for a moment.

Ghira: your right...I know my little girl is strong, it's just-...I want us to be toge-

???: Chief!!!

Both my wife and I stood up from our spot near the fountain before spotting a towns guard running towards us with a worried expression.

Kali: what do you think is wrong this time?...also, so much for watching the town up close...

I hummed as the guard halted as soon as he came about 10 feet away from us before giving us a respectful bow to us.

Ghira: raise your head. What is the issue.

Guard: t-there's...

He struggled to speak as he looked around at those that were now watching us. He came closer to us before speaking quite enough so that only we could hear him. I leaned inward as I tried to listen closely.

Guard: a boy has washed up on our shore...badly wounded too...located south side of the island near the reef boarders

Ghira: what?-

Without any hesitation of the news, I watched as Kali disbannded from the conversation before taking off sprinting to the givin location. two of her private guards that had followed her here quickly began to follow. But with their royal armor, they wouldn't be able to catch up to her.