Chapter 11.5: A Last Name (short chapter)

Glynda pov

I walked through the hallways of the hospital once more as I made my way to the room Y/N was today was going to be the day...

I have been visiting him throughout with his recovery, and...I was genuinely disappointed that our time would end soon...

To say that the boy is both proper in mannerisms, and speaking would be a grave understatement.

For no reason, I found myself sharing my day, or complaining about certain students while conversing or simply sitting around the boy. But him speaking in a very acceptable, and accepting tone didn't help the fact that speaking to him was already enjoyable enough.

And one other thing to note...

During my time spent with the boy...

I wouldn't see it as empathy, but...I slowly began to see Y/N as a son...not in the sense that I felt as if I was speaking to a younger version of myself. But it  was out of sympathy.

With only a first glance, it wasn't hard to tell that the boy hadn't grown up with a mother figure. But it was encouraging and curing as watching him try to figure things out on his own during our conversations...it was however...kinda saddening...

Walking into the room however, I saw the doctor that had been treating him, and he made eye contact.

Doctor: ah, Mrs. Goodwitch. Today's the day!

Me: yes...

I looked to Y/N who sat at the edge of the bed while playfully swingin his feet.

Me: Y/N, are excited?

He seemed to be in a happy trance, but immediately pulled himself out as he responded.

Y/N: y-yeah!- I can't wait to get back to work!

I smiled before speaking

Me: is there anything you would like to do before we head to beacon?

I watched him pipe up at the question before speaking up with a bright and hopeful smile...dammit, I'm already feeling happy...

Y/N: yes please! I-if it's okay...I do have two things I would like to do...i-if...if you would come with me that is...

I raised an eye brow. Y/N hasn't really seemed or had revealed to be a person would would shyly ask for assistance or company.

Me: what is that you need?

Y/N: well...

He tapped on the handle of his walking stick before shifting it to it's bow form. It...well...it looked pretty bad to say the least...

Y/N: I did some checking and...I don't think banshee can take much more...even just using it as a normal walking stick wakes feel like it's gonna snap in my grip.

I watched with a small grin as he expertly uncharged his bow by unclipping it's cables

Y/N: 48, out of the 50 cables are damaged, with 27 of them being completely snapped...the chain is almost unusable. And the frame is cracked all along the left side...

Everything he had said was true, once more impressing with his ability to sense with just his hands alone.

Y/N: and because of what happened before...

He placed a hand on his chest...

Y/N: I think it's time to fix a few things...but before that!- I wanna cook!

My eyes widened with interest as I playfully asked.

Me: hm!?- cook?

Y/N: yes! I've been eating hospital food for a week now! I would reallllly, really like to cook a nice home meal to eat!