Chapter Twenty

Riley's Point of View -

The sun shone through the window with an orange glaze illuminating the room in a welcoming light. Birds sung outdoors and the trees creaked with the wind that blew threw the branches and leaves. Cassandra laid next to me, breathing soft sleeping breaths, her mouth slightly open and nostrils flaring with every breath.

Strands of her hair were strewn across her face haphazardly. The sun hit it perfectly making it shine and glisten. Her skin had a golden glow that made her seem like I was home. I stared at her in awe; she was beautiful, infuriating, intoxicating, inspiring, and drove me mad. I tucked the hairs behind her ear which made her open one eye while keeping the other one closed. "Ah, shit." She held her head with her hand.

Cassandra's hands touched the top of head, and she whispered a couple of ineligible words making her head then the rest of her body glimmer with healing. Not a moment passed before she nestled her head into my pillows and began breathing rhythmically again into sleep.

The sun's rays beamed across her face, her lips falling apart again. I stretched, throwing the blankets over my body and sitting at the edge of the bed. I felt a slim hand on my back that swiped back and forth. I smiled with relief and comfort - it felt good to feel her fingertips across my back. "Where do you think you are going." I looked over at her, her lips curled up in a grin.

"I'm going to make us something to eat." Cassandra opened one eye and frowned. She threw the blankets over her head, groaning.

"Pancakes?" She questioned me while she peeked from the edge of the blankets.

"Of course, with blueberries." I could feel her smile through the blankets and she nodded.

"You're dismissed," She turned around in bed and threw the blankets over her head again. "I'll be down in a few to help. Okay?" Her voice still groggy from sleep and rest. I nodded before standing up from the bed.

The hardwood was cold against my feet and I slipped on my slippers before heading to the kitchen. The process of prepping the pancakes was dazed, like I was on cloud nine. "It smells so good." Cassandra said appreciatively - she started making a pot of coffee, wiggling her eye brows at me when I looked at her nimble actions.

I plated the pancakes and she poured the coffee, prepping them with cream and sugar. "Let's go eat in the field - it's beautiful out." She said before grabbing the two cups and walking away. Her eyes still half massed from sleep. I grabbed the plates from the counter and followed closely behind her heels.

She sat with her legs sprawled out in the grass. The plate in one hand and a fork in the other. Her coffee close by her leg next to her on the ground. "These are delicious." She softly said, looking over at me as I sipped on my coffee - nearly burning my mouth from the liquid. She put her plate down and reached for her mug, sipping.

"What have you been learning in your books?" I asked, attempting to make conversation. Cassandra smirked at me before putting down her mug and wiping the crumbs off her hand. She took a strong intake of breath.

"It's been easy to manipulate my surroundings and environment," she stated, clicking her teeth. "I have been having difficulty with magic that has to do with more living beings or things that can fight against my influence." She was frustrated and I could tell she has been working hard to try and practice.

"You have been getting strong Cassandra," I looked at her. Her eyes softened a bit and her shoulders slacked with relaxation. "You have been working so hard." The air between us became calm - she took my hand, facing my palm to the sky.

Her lips moved in silence as she repeated the words that she read in her book. A breeze blew her hair back and from my palm sprung a rainbow of colors. My eyes gazed at my hand in hers, as she looked at me carefully then smiled at my hand. "This brings to life what is most important in your life." She gave me a side smile before she crooned her neck down and blew the colors away revealing a reel of images and flickers of reality.

My mom and dad dancing in the kitchen while making lunch. The castle from my land of Amaris that housed the most powerful. Then not soon after a still of Cassandra smiling while looking in the distance. "You have become my happiness." I had to give into her, surrender myself to her despite every external indication to not.

She blew away the images and quickly got to her knees wrapping her arms around me - pressing her lips against mine. I laid in the grass, her body pressed against mine. Her lips were soft, they molded into mine like she was meant to kiss me and she tasted like maple syrup. Her thighs straddled me and her hips grinded against mine causing me to buck against her core.

I held her lower back and flipped her still in between her legs. Our lips disconnected and I looked at her face which was flushed and red from the heat of the moment. Her eyes burned a deep amethyst before she tangled her hands into my hair, pulling me into her influence. "Cassandra, we can't." I groaned into her lips, she kissed me harder.

"We can, I want you." She glared at me as she lifted her hips to friction against me. I nodded, putting my lips back onto her mouth. Her fingers traced my back to my sides, finding the edge of my pants to pull down; I returned the favor and undressed her. Her body heaving underneath me; her chest rising and falling fast. My lips found her neck and she let out a moan.

I felt her fingers and hand find me to guide me into her. She let out a breath of relief and pleasure as she felt me. A sound escaped my throat, Cassandra felt so good. My heart pounded into my throat as she moaned at every movement into her. Her fingers digging into my arms and her teeth biting into her bottom lip.

I could feel the pressure building and her core tightened around me causing her to release, letting out a little shriek. "Please keep going." She breathlessly said - I slowed my motions down as I used my fingers to move hairs from her face. Her cheeks a deep red.

From the corner of my eyes I could see the sky change to a show of star fall, comets, and milky ways. Huge planets lighting the grass in pastel colors. I kissed her face, cheeks, and lips going slow with her. In this moment with Cassandra, making love with her, I didn't want to stop, and wanted to drown in the moment. Cassandra never let me know her feelings usually; however, in this moment I knew she didn't want to stop either.