Chapter Seventeen

The Pure One sings the song of the siren with just their presence and eyes. It makes those around them allure to them with unfaltering love and affection. The story of the first protector and Pure one proves of that - their love being so strong that it would in fact put each other in danger; which would of course make the protector meaningless in protecting the one that could make the existential planes and realms too few and far between making worlds collide.

Adamantios and Dimitra ruled over the earth rich and powerful land of Amaris. Aristocrats were the umbrella term for the rank they held. They cared over the land as well as its people with a certain amount of detail and peace. The people of Amaris held them in high regard for their deeds and philanthropy : displaying the true definition of compassion, selflessness, and outwardly love.

Adamantios was assigned at birth to be the protector of Dimitra. Adamantios trained for the challenges and obstacles Dimitra may encounter or even ensue as she was one of the most powerful beings - being directly related to the one who made Amaris. The power she harnessed from the sky as well as the earth was infinite. She was the true representation for good or for evil; the spin of her true identity could change the fate of all parallels.

When her father was murdered and her mother pillaged by those who sought the riches of the land Dimitra's identity was risked from the tragedy. The calling from Adamantios was proceeded causing a shift in the parallel - the coin was spinning, waiting for a fall.

The land became riddled with war which was sparked by the change and grief of Dimitra; her aura cloaking the land, influencing it and those that resided on the land. Adamantios knew to end the violence and save the land was to save Dimitra from her mind and soul. With this conclusion there was soon resolution when Adamantio suggested a peace and to receive the outsiders; giving them refuge from the conditions that were not tolerable in their home.

When Adamanti released this summons, Dimitra was curious about those entering the parallel. She soon immersed herself with the culture and teachings with the assistance of Adamanti. They worked tirelessly to provide to those in need : food, shelter, and the enjoyment of life. Adamanti grew to love Dimitra and how she flourished helping the newcomers.

With the love and efforts of Dimitra - Amaris soon began to present its riches again. The people loved the land as much as the land catered to them with peace. Adamanti and Dimitra were growing closer and closer together as the land began to become more at peace - they found peace within each other in the process.

Years went by - the people continued to love the land and care for it as well as care for the community around them. Adamanti and Dimitra watched from afar protecting those that found refuge. Adamanti was growing more and more in love with Dimitra; Dimitra returning the affections.  The strength of the two fortified the land and the people that lived on it.

Until one day - the land was invaded by the autocrats that the people of Amaris escaped. They wanted absolute power of their people again as well as the dimension. Adamantio and Dimitra fought long and hard for the land until Dimitra was captured by the autocrats of the Corbinian Clan.

Adamantio gave up total power to the clan to regain the woman he fell in love with; however the Corbinian family drew more power from the chaos that the two felt within. Adamantio ordered for an immediate release of Dimitra with the support of the people of Amaris.

The Corbinian family refused as Dimitra was a vital part in their fight for power. Dimitra was released but at a cost - she was stripped of her powers by the witches so that they can be passed and multiplied with the new generations of the clan. However, the stripping of power was not enough as Dimitri harnessed power from the love she felt for Adamantio - the matriarch of the Corbinian soon came to realize that it was not the power Dimitri felt but the belt of strength she gained from the love of Adamantio.

The Corbinian put a bounty on the head of the lovers; however, they escaped to high dimensions. Months went by and soon the two were captured. The silver given to those that captured them. From there they were kept locked away in the pits of the castle of Amaris with the dirt, mice, and bugs. Living conditions almost inhabitable - displaying why those escaped and found refuge.

The Corbinian  leader drained Dimitri until she was sick and at the brink of death. The clans women knew they did not have much more to take and were considering to come to an agreement.

Meanwhile the people of Amaris fought for the two with everything they had. Adamantio and Dimitri becoming exhausted. Dimitri becoming weaker and sick while Adamantio stayed in the cell over watching her become closer to death.

Finally the Corbinian truced that if Dimitri turned over the darkness of her power that they would release both of them. Dimitri declined and soon they began torturing Adamantio so that Dimitri would be coerced to agreeing. The both of them stayed strong until the very end - for themselves and the people they fought tirelessly to protect.

They learned that they can syphon small amounts of power from Adamantio; however, he quickly died. With his death Dimitri's mourning was so powerful that her power windmilled. She retired her dark magic to the Corbinians; however, she had the plan to return the other half of her magic to the land which would cause her untimely death.

When the Corbinians released her - the people crowded her and led her to the grave of Adamantio. She saw that on the highest mountain he was laid to rest on a bed of green surrounded by flowers. Dimitri laid next to him and she allowed her grief to consume her. The power that she still possessed returned to the land.

The people of Amaris saw their two leaders dead clutching hand to hand. The spirits of the two arose from their body to give the prophecy that in time heirs would return to take back what belongs. They promised to continue to watch over the people from another dimension where they transitioned to following their death.