Forty Five

What have I done?

It's all I can think about as I sink further into the couch. Did I just ruin my chances with Zion because of my immaturity and insecurity? Why didn't I talk to him before it was too late? I'm so stupid. Now, he's gone. What am I going to do?

Where could he have gone after this fight? I have to go and apologize. Could he be at office? Maybe his apartment? Even more, I have to grow up and start thinking rationally, like all adults do.

I jump out of the couch and throw on some clothes. I don't even bother to wash my face or shower for that matter. All that matters is whether I'll find Zion or if he's gonna forgive me for this.

I reach for the doorknob to open the door but call me delusional or not, I feel like someone else, outside, is trying to open the door too. What? I let go of the doorknob and sure enough, the door flies open and Zion rushes inside. Not wasting another minute, he wraps his arms around me while I stand there in shock.

He came back?

The gesture warms my heart so much that I wrap my arms around him even tighter.

"You came back?" I whisper into his ear

He shakes his head. "No, I didn't come back. I never left."

"Zion-"

He pulls away from the hug and instead uses his index finger to raise my chin such that he is making eye contact with me.
"Can I kiss you?" he asks

"Wha-what?"

Without blinking, he asks again.
"Can I kiss you?"

"Uh, but I have never kissed anyone," I blush and try to look away. His index finger keeps me in position though.

"Then, let me be your first kiss. I promise I'll make it worth the wait. Do you trust me?"

Do I trust him? After the incident from today? I'd be fool to make a mistake like that ever again.

"I trust you more than anything," I whisper, hoping that he hears it. And he does.

"Then, that's all that matters," he whispers back.

I don't know who starts to lean in first but along the way, I close my eyes and lean in even more. Moments later, Zion's lips brushes with mine, just a little.
But this isn't kissing. I want him to kiss me. So, I pull him even closer such that his lips completely cover mine.

He chuckles quietly from the action and starts with nibbling my lower lip. Slowly and sensually. I have no idea what I'm doing though, I'm just placing my lips wherever and hoping that I'm doing great. Zion doesn't complain at all, in fact, I feel his tongue in my mouth. The moment his tongue collides with mine, that's when I feel the legendary sparks, butterflies and electrifying effects. It's like all my thoughts have been taken away and all I can think about is the way Zion is kissing me like his whole life depends on it.

It's like we've been kissing for decades when he finally pulls away and holds my face with his hands.
"Did you feel that?" he asks gently, removing some strands of hair from my face.

"Yes," I nod. "This is the best kiss of my life although you almost sucked my breath out of me."

Now I finally understand why people take kissing seriously. I thought it was just mere swapping of saliva but this kiss, with how Zion completely took over my brain, thoughts and my whole self, this is more than kissing. This is expression of how much he actually wants to be with me. He wants to take me whole, no matter how flawed I am.

"But it's your first kiss," he teases. "But I'm so glad that I'm getting all your firsts. You're my first girlfriend too."

"I'm so sorry about earlier-"

"I hate fighting," he sincerely declares. Me too. I don't want to fight ever again. "I just want to take you to lunch. I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too," I blush but then remember something before I look away. "But, why were you wet when you came here?"

"Would you believe me if I say that I ran all the way from my office to you?"

"No," I laugh and shake my head. "That's absolutely impossible. You? Running all that distance to come here?"

He laughs and pulls me to the couch, sits and pulls me along with him. In the end, I'm straddling him and he seems to be enjoying it. I've never thought that I'd enjoy being in a man's proximity but here I am.

"Okay fine, that's a lie. But I was driving here and the car broke down. I didn't bring my phone with me, so, I couldn't order an Uber. I just ran here."

"You didn't have to."

"I had to. I have finally executed all the marketing strategies and now, I have nothing to keep me busy. I want to be with you now," he keeps caressing my neck and behind my ears. "I want to hear about all you did at home. Everything I missed. Let's not fight any more, okay?"

"I'll tell you everything you need to know but I have to apologize," Zion starts to say something, probably to stop me but I ignore him. "I'm sorry I let my insecurities take over. I'm sorry I doubted you. I'm sorry I didn't communication clearly with you and I promise I'll do better next time. I won't let anything keep us apart."

"You don't have to apologize," he pecks my neck and my cheeks turn red. "I can't keep myself from you even if I try. You are it for me. Come rain, come sunshine."

"So, you said something about taking me to lunch?"

"Yeah," he awkwardly rubs his neck. "It's been long since we had a meal together."

"Y'know that you can always come and eat with me any time, right?"

"I know. Just hurry up and we get out of here."

Ignore my awkward kissing scene. Let's go