Quidditch Tryouts

Being Quidditch captain for the Gryffindor team meant that Harry had to sort out when tryouts would be taking place, Ginny had been a massive help in choosing a set of ideal dates as well as putting a notice on the board in the common room when they had settled on an ideal date. Harry was slightly nervous about being the new captain for the Gryffindor Quidditch captain, but was happy to take on the responsibility.

The tryouts has been scheduled for the Saturday morning at ten, he hoped that he could build a Quidditch team that could be somewhat near as good as the previous lineups he had been an integral part of, though he doubted anyone would be as good of a beater duo as the Weasley twins were.

Harry made his way down to breakfast with Neville and Hermione, Ginny and Ron were nowhere to be seen in the common room and Ginny hadn't been able to sleep with Harry last night due to having to make an appearance for her dorm mates. They found the Weasley siblings sitting at the Gryffindor table, both dressed in Gryffindor quidditch gear.

"You two must have been up early." Said Harry, sitting down next to Ginny and wrapping an arm around her waist as he pecked her on the lips.

"This melonhead was nervous for tryouts," said Ginny motioning to Ron with a playful smirk as he rolled his eyes. "He doesn't seem to understand that he's good at Quidditch, despite his brilliance last year."

"Yeah but my place isn't guaranteed and neither is yours." Said Ron.

"Very humble of you mate, however unless the next great keeper of quidditch landed at the tryouts, it'll be a piece of cake for you." Said with a grin.

"Thanks mate." Said Ron as Harry clasped his hand.

"And what about me Mr. Potter?" Asked Ginny with a raised eyebrow. "Am I to receive my divine right as starting chaser."

"We shall see Miss Weasley, but it may cost you." Said Harry as he glanced at her chest, even though it was covered in her gryffindor kit, her breast outline was easily visible through the jumper, Ginny looked sexy in her Quidditch attire.

About twenty minutes later, Harry, Ron and Ginny all carried there brooms over there shoulders down towards the Quidditch pitch whilst Hermione and Neville were joined by Luna and they made their way to the stands to watch the tryouts.

Students in Quidditch gear began to filter onto the pitch, Harry noticed immediately that some of them looked far too young to have ridden a broom and some Harry didn't recognise as being Gryffindors.

Ginny nudged his arm and pointed this out. "Probably best for the first years and non-gryffindors to clear out."

"Read my mind there Gin," said Harry before turning to the crowd that had amassed. "Alright! Any of you lot who aren't in Gryffindor or are in first year you might as well clear out!"

Several disappointed first years and non-Gryffindors trudged off the pitch and went to the stands instead. Harry turned to the rest of the possible new recruits.

"Right listen up!" Said Harry loud and clear to make sure they all heard him. "I've got some things to point out before we get started, by the end of this tryout session, four chasers, three beaters, one seeker and two keeeprs will have been selected as a good team needs good reserves, I will also be needing a vice captain who can help with setting up drills for future practice sessions."

"Even if you were on the team last year, it doesn't mean your spot is guaranteed this year." Said Harry. "Keepers I want you to all group up with Ron, our keeper last year, Chasers to Katie, seekers to me and beaters remain where you are."

Once the recruits had grouped up into their respective positions, Harry had them complete a set of flying drills to determine how comfortable they were in the air, he had to dismiss four people who had failed a few of the drills as he moved on to the actual Quidditch part.