Chapter 15 - Heart

After your exchanged gaze with Four, you stand up, feeling a bit strange as you glance back down to the integer. You'd gotten so used to being close to him in height while you were on Goiky, so the comparison came off a bit jarring. Though, it wasn't the only thing that struck a weird feeling in your stomach. The air was stale-feeling, a thin layer of dust shimmering on the countertops as you passed by them into the kitchen. Surely, you couldn't have been gone for long. One...two days top. Four would have not kept you for long, right? He was aware of your responsibilities, the people in your life that were of importance to you. Reassuring yourself of your faith in him as a friend, you move towards a bread box on the counter. "Are you hungry? I can make us sandwiches if you're in the mood for them." You ask, pulling up the door to the box only to cringe at the loaf inside.

White and green mold spores infest the surface of the bread, leaving a wrinkled appearance. You had bought that bread only a day prior to leaving. There's no reason it should be looking this moldy. Your shock peering down at the bread cause you to miss Four's reply, standing there in silence trying to process this information. "I-I...sorry- hold on." You rush out of the kitchen, picking up the phone you'd left behind on the couch. The screen doesn't come on. The battery must be dead. Dropping it, while your stomach turns to panic, you hurry towards your computer, turning it on shakily and rapidly. Four appears to almost slither next to you, peering on your computer as you get past the lock screen and the home screen loads.

It's 5:27 PM, July 28th. A whole 3 weeks since you've last been there.

Stressed, you feel your stomach flop in your stomach. "3 weeks??? H-how??? How has it already been 3 weeks?!" You just about shriek, running right back to your phone to plug it into the nearest charger. Your family and friends would be worried sick. Being a no-call-no-show for your shifts at your job, you would have surely been fired. You've missed assignments for your school work. You can't bear to imagine what your grades look like, or if you were still even signed up for those classes. Your panic rises inside of you as the screen of your phone comes on, messages from people popping up on your phone. Friends, coworkers, and family are checking in on you, with missed calls and messages sending notification after notification to the device. Your heart races in your chest, Four standing across the room...not entirely sure how to respond to this. What was wrong with you? Why were you so worried? He thought you were going to make them a sandwich..?

"Urr...Y/N..." He tries to grab your attention, though you dismiss him with a wave of the hand. "I'm sorry, Four. Not right now." That makes his lip twitch downward. He doesn't really appreciate all his hard work of transporting you back home to be ignored. You hastily try and reply to those who have contacted you, making up stories to try and reason with them. You claimed you just needed a break from everything and everyone. It was just a long overdue spiritual journey. Was that even believable???

It's sudden that you're yanked back from the couch by Four, who effortlessly pulls you towards them, arms on your sides as they float in front of you, looking a bit unhappy and needy. "Y/N! I didn't bring you all the way here to watch you send text messages all day! How is that any way to treat me?!" You sigh as you reach up to grab his shoulders, to console him. Four- "Four, I'm not, I promise. Three weeks is a really long time for me to have not seen anyone. My friends and family are worried sick. I'm just trying to let them know I'm okay. Then you'll have my attention again." You promise, and Four feels a little better, though he hovers nearby as you finish replying to everyone. The replies you receive are mixed...a few people seem to have lost some trust in you with your lie, but what else were you to do? The truth would sound too insane and was too dangerous anyway.

You sigh, putting the phone back down and sitting on the couch to think for a moment. What would you do for money..? Four slowly drifts over to you, leaning on your shoulder affectionately, though you meet his smug eyes as you look over. Just the expression he holds is enough to make you smile. Their silliness is so uplifting. "What's up?" You ask, and he smirks. "Thinking about your monetary problems, huh?~" He asks and you frown slightly. "Yeah. Since I disappeared from work...and don't have any sort of good excuse or documentation, I just- I doubt they're going to be taking me back." You admit. "And I have to pay the bills and my tuition. I don't regret going with you. I just wish I had some time to plan ahead of time. I have to get a whole new job..." You explained, Four shaking his head, pointing to his mouth. "I have a different idea!" He chirps, opening his mouth wide and once again gesturing inside.