Chapter 7 - Reunion

"And that's how we'll retrieve X!" Four declares confidently, presenting the figures and methods on the chalkboard he previously pulled from thin air. You sit there in the grass, blinking at all the information they had suddenly dumped on you. "Uh...so...you want me to...just go up and talk to him?" You ask, a bit confused on why he would go through the effort of a half an hour presentation for you to just go up and ask X to come back.

"Talking to X is only PART of the plan." Four attempts to correct you. "Is walking up to him the other part?" You reply coyly, and he frowns. "Are you criticizing my plan?" He grumbles with an uncertain squint. You laugh and stand up. "No...no...I'm not. I can do that." You say, brushing the blades of grass from your knees. You momentarily struggle to stand. This new body was still a lot to get used to, but you were starting to get the hang of it, rather than staggering around like a baby deer. Still, to go through this whole presentation...it feels a bit like Four might be stalling.

"Are you worried that X will say no..?" You inquire, Four working to cram the chalkboard back inside of his head. They tap their fingers together, mouth quivering as they thought. "X is the best co-host I could have asked for! He likes to interrupt me and miscounted the votes that one time, but they are still a true friendo to me...so...yeh." He doesn't exactly wish to say that he's worried X will refuse, but his slight fret is written across his features. You reach out towards his head, patting one of your hands across the bump protruding from the left side. "It'll be okay, Four. I can't promise I'll be able to get him back for sure, but I can promise I'll do everything I can." He makes an unexpected motion, reaching up to cup the ball-like hand you've placed there. His determined gaze softens momentarily. A purple-ish tint darkens underneath his eyes and bridges across his nose. He giggles, awkwardly shuffling there for a moment. "Hahaaheh! You're...weird!" He manages to spit out. You stare at him, a little confused. Calling you odd with what appears to be a flustered expression was...random? Even for Four it's a bit of a strange reaction. He seems to pick up on your puzzled look, throwing your hand from his face and sliding back.

"Ahem! Wh-what I meant to say was...err...w-we'll have to find a place for you in BFB once you get X back! We'll work on that!" He claps his hands and vanishes, just like that. You stand there. You're still a tad bit stunned by that whole, very unusual interaction, but you have bigger fish to fry. As you walk a short distance away and part the bushes, you can see a large group of familiar objects nearby, standing across a scorched, barren landscape. The mass of objects are crowding around the bottom of a singular building. You move out from behind the bush, tripping over your own feet before you wobble back up into a standing position. As you draw a little closer, you spot X. He's sitting on the ground, not doing anything in particular. You feel anticipation rising as your clumsy feet start to move closer and closer to the yellow algebralien, halting suddenly as you run into something wide that slides in front of you.

You fall backwards, looking up to see what...or who you collided with. Another algebralien stands in front of you, one that you haven't seen on BFDI before. You quickly realize It's that Two character that Four had kept mentioning. From what it sounded like from Four, this interaction would likely not be pleasant...

Your breath catches, unsure what to say before Two holds their hand out towards you. You instinctively flinch, expecting to be hit by this supposed evil character. Instead, a pleasant, deep, accented voice can be heard. "Oop! Sorry about that! I really thought you might have seen me coming there, haha." They say. You look up in surprise, realizing that Two wasn't planning on harming you at all. They just wanted to help you back onto your feet. You tentatively reach your hand out, allowing them to pull you back up onto your feet.

"Say, I don't think I've seen you before....Ooh! Are you looking to join my show, perhaps?!" They ask excitedly, leaning forward. You laugh nervously. "O-oh, umm...a-actually...I'm just here to visit a friend. I-if that's okay. I'm not interrupting your show or anything, right?" Two waves their hand in dismissal. "Oh okay, no worries! We haven't started yet, so take your time!" They eagerly wave as they float away to take care of something else. That was...surprising. Two was absolutely nothing like you expected them to be, though you supposed it was a good thing. Now you would be able to speak with X without any issue.