Chapter 12 - Dreams

You, Four, and Loser promptly return to the rest of the contestants who are gathered around, all adorned with Flower's colorful sweaters. Most of them look rather itchy, though Flower gasps and runs up to you and Four with her arms clasped together. "Four! You look so lovely in that sweater! I knew it would be a perfect fit!" She affirmed. Four rolls his eyes in reply, agitated to have to wear the darn thing in the first place. "Yeah...it's okay, I guess..." He grumbles, knowing you like it.

Flower is right to say that this sweater is perfect for him. The font reading "THE HOST EVER" in glittery letters covers the front portion of the shirt, though Four hardly acknowledges the compliment. "I see we do have Flower and Leafy back, so we ought to be getting out of here! X, locate the next-" He pauses, realizing there is not a sign of his yellow friend amongst the group. "Where is X?"

You feel a sinking within your chest. X...the Contestant Locator-inator...you'd left it behind in your struggle to free Four. You were so distracted by the need to rescue the host that you totally neglected to retrieve the device. You appear distraught for a moment before Loser strides past you and presents it to Four. "X was eaten back there, but don't worry, Four! I've got the Contestant Locator-inator right here." He says, proud and boisterous. "Huh..." Four squints in contemplation, taking the strange device in his hand before recovering X with the other. "Here you are, X! We've finished finding these two here!" They shove the Contestant Locator-inator into X's arms, X fumbling around with the device and looking a little more on the dazed side. "Why are you just standing there?" Four asks abruptly, X not seeming himself at all. Leafy hurries past him, smooshing a yellow sweater over X's head. "Don't worry Forty-Four! This should fix it!" X blinks up to Leafy who stands in front of him with a kind smile and brows furrowed in concern. "There you go! How are you feeling, X?" X blinked at the leaf, immediately reaching over to scratch one of their now covered nubs. "Umm...itchy...and confused. What happened? And why is everyone wearing these ugly sweaters..?"

Flower stomps her foot. "Hey! My fashion line is the thing saving you all! Maybe you should learn to appreciate it! For Petal's Sake...some people have no taste..." She grumbles. Honestly, you don't mind the sweaters yourself, though you are in agreement that they could bear to be a little less itchy. "Four had to recover you. This place is a complete death trap, but...we got Flower and Leafy back. We're all ready to move to the next two if you are, X." You mention, X moving to twist the dial to the next contestant. Woody's name comes up. "Oh! I've got you!~" X chirps, firing at the ground.

From carnivorous flower fields, you find yourself glimpsing at a completely different scene. Coastal waters as far as the eye could see before you collide with soft, white sands. You sit up, hearing the pained groans of the objects around you, then a gasp from Firey. "W-woah...are you guys seeing this?" You wipe the stinging sand from your eyes and face, blinking them open finally to see what all the hubbub is about.

The waves lap at the beach softly, tropical trees rich in coconuts and bananas up by the grassy banks along with the swaying sea oats. Colorful shells speckle the beach where the waves break. It's peaceful, though with the last world you've fallen into, you're skeptical. At least at first. "Everyone, look!" Taco points in through the trees, the others quickly zipping to gather around. Their jaws slack open at the sight, the group clambering and chattering over one another to peer through. "What's going on?" You ask abruptly as you join them.

"They've got a water park here!" Spongy exclaims, and Teardrop smiles at the sound of that.

"And a 3-star hotel! My my...not the best, but anything beats that cramped box..." Lollipop says.

"And 3 restaurants, too!" Taco gestures.

"Huh...well doesn't that feel familiar...?" Firey raises an eyebrow. "It's like a weird...Mini Dream Island!"