16|Loveless Marriage

Start from the beginning

He opened the door for me and I sighed.

"No amount of pay would make me do this job," I said before walking in and closing the door behind me.

I dropped my purse and headed to the bathroom where I started taking off my makeup.

It felt nice dressing up today even though it was just for a short while.

The bedroom door opened and I soon saw him standing up watching me.

"I'm sorry about last week. I just wanted-"

"What happened to Sebastian?" He cut me off.

"Excuse me?"

"What did you do to Seb? Why did he look like that?"

I turned to him. "Do you mean why was he crying?"

He watched me waiting for me to answer.

"It's because you're a dick and he's sick of you."

"Forget it," he said before going to his desk.

I continued to take off my makeup but stopped and looked at him.

"At least you came back to your senses and came back home," I said without trying to sound like I cared too much.

He looked over his shoulder before looking back down. "Yeah."

I couldn't help but smile a little as I turned back to remove the remaining makeup on my face.

Although that interaction we just had was short, it was still progress.

We are not going to be friends anytime soon much less act like a real couple but we are starting to tolerate being in the same room as one another.

When I finished taking off my makeup, I changed into a crop top and my sweatpants.

I picked up my book and curled myself on the couch in the bedroom.

I had it in my suitcase and read it twice from since I came here.

I was now reading it for the third time because what else do I have to do?

He looked across at me for a split second before looking back at his work.

I suddenly realized what he was looking at. The book cover was a shirtless man.

"It's not what you think it is," I felt the need to say. "It's a romance book yes but it's not like I'm reading-"

"Elianna, I don't care," he sighed.

"Oh," I said trying not to sound hurt.

Baby steps.

I remembered what the woman said from earlier about seeing a post about us.

"When can I get back my phone?" I asked and he ignored me. "Enzo, I've been here for nearly three weeks without any contact to the outside world. I have friends and Haze."

He got up and opened the drawer from his nightstand before pulling out my phone and handing it me.

It was in here the whole time?

I grabbed it from him and my feet bounced up and down as I waited for it to power on.

I was proud of myself to be honest.

If I was back in America, I wouldn't be able to stay off my phone for more than an hour.

My phone turned on and all the notifications started popping in.

It was so much that my phone screen froze.

I looked up at Enzo and he was watching me in complete horror.

My phone started ringing and I saw it was from our dance group chat. They called me every day from since I came. Two hundred times to be exact.

I picked up and I was instantly met with screaming.

"She picked up!" Haley shouted and all the other girls popped into the frame.

"She's alive!" Maddison shouted and the others giggled.

I opened my mouth to greet them but was instantly cut off.

"Is it true? Are you married?"

I blushed a little before looking at Enzo who had returned to his work.

I nodded my head and showed them my ring and all of them screamed.

I could see Enzo covering his ears in the background.

This is who my friends were. They were always happy and screaming at something. I mean we were an upbeat dance group for a reason.

"Let's see him!" Summer said.

I looked up and Enzo shook his head.

"Please," I whispered to him before shoving the phone in his face.

"Hello," was all he managed to say before they started screaming again.

"He's so hot!" Haley said.

"Elianna is so lucky," May chimed in.

"No wonder she wasn't picking up. She was getting railed by her husband!"

I kicked up my foot on the couch as the girls came up with all kind of theories on how Enzo and I met.

Of course I didn't tell them this was all fake and I was living in absolute hell.

Pretending like we were an actual couple made me feel better.

It made me forget that my love life was non existent now.

It made me forget that I'll forever be in a loveless marriage.