chapter 26

CHAPTER 26

AUTHOR'S POV

The sweet smell of the freshly made snacks diffused around the house, greeting the walls with bliss just how the woman was feeling within herself.

The plan was to make some jalebi's enough for a small square box but the need to make more blossomed in her mind, refusing to rest her hands without finishing up enough batch. Janaki loved to make these from the moment her mother in law taught her the skills of the kitchen.

Even with cramps on her legs she still managed to make her sweets with the help of her wonderful husband. despite the same husband's denial to understand the stubbornness of his wife to make a bunch of food for his old man.

Yes, Janaki Dhruv was making sweets for her father in law. Even though months had passed, the father and son stay aloof of each other. Refusing to give up on each other's disbelief in their characters.

Janaki and Naachi tried mending the bond, staying close to the son when his father called, inquiring about his daughter in law; putting it on speaker so that son hears when the father talks in his big dad tone to his wife; regarding her pregnancy.

Vikram believed with time that, Janaki was a sweet girl and was wrong to attach his son's ungodly behavior to the woman that so kindly treated him when she talks about anything and everything and hence realized, whatever that went between her and his son was out of love and devotion for each other. So he welcomed Janaki as his daughter in law, with a little convincing from his wife that he reunited with.

But the bitterness between the men did not change. The refusal to even knowledge each other baffled the woman who was trying desperately to mend a bond which they believed could have grown beautiful under a different circumstance

So the clear denial to even go to his father's house did not surprise Janaki. But seeing the woman struggle in the kitchen with her 5-month pregnant bump, made him offer his strong hands even though he made sure to often voice his confusion in his wife's wanting to treat his father.

"give me that and sit on that stool."

Getting his hands on the spatula, Dhruv made her sit on the chair, his frame almost too large for the woman in the seat.

" don't burn this one please, I know you don't like that I am making it for him, but for me please?" Janaki requested the man whose face changed into a mocking accusation

" I did not burn it, I was trying to talk to you about the unnecessary need for this-""yeah! Yeah! Whatever your just making up excuses." The shrug of her shoulder only made him offended

"you are accusing me over a burned set of jalebi's that we don't even have to make for that man, jaanu."

Janaki sighed in defeat and got up from the chair, walking to squeeze her husband's cheeks as much as she could without getting on her toes.

"you and him have issues and I understand that, but I accepted him as my father that I have long forgot within my memory, let me do this Dhruv. Amma helped me when I needed the care of a mother and with or without the need, your father cares about me like a father do for his daughter. And I always make Ma her favorite food when I could. So this time it's for my father. So neither you accept it and kiss me or you be stubborn and I will go by myself there."

The emotions that went through her eyes made him realize that he might have been selfish to ignore her sentiments to not having a father figure, something she lost a long time ago and probably couldn't even be compensated with his own father.

Speechless to revelation, he helpless accepted her offer, kissing woman for a silent forgiveness to his ignorance.

But before he could extend the session, Janaki tapped his shoulder in hast, pulling back from the kiss with a scrunch in her nose.