chapter 23

CHAPTER 23:

Author's pov

"is everything packed?"

After two days of awkward run ins inside his dad's house and the settlement in his office, Dhruv decided it was time they pack up their bags and go back to his flat where he hadn't slept for almost a week.

When he discussed it with Janaki, she was upset that he was leaving with a crack in his father and son relationship, yet she agreed, the need to alone with her husband came first and the conflict second.

"yes, I packed everything, do you need something, is there something else you need me to pack?" she asked, but no reply came, gazing up at her husband from the bed she saw him smile at her.

"what? Why are you smiling?" giving a smile back she asked, curious to know the reason behind that smile.

" nothing just admiring my wife, I got a surprise for you." He said walking closer to her, taking a seat on the bed.

"what surprise? I want to know! Tell me." Pushing the bag aside she crawled from the middle of the bed to her husband, like a curious kitten. Giggling with joy.

Shaking his head, he refused to give into the temptation, that his wife was.

" tell me. Tell me. Tell me.. tellll mee..." with intention to get the truth she crawled into his lap, wrapping her arm around his neck. Still Dhruv refused to let out the surprise even though he was hanging on a thin string.

Know the man wasn't going to give, she tried again. "if I give you a kiss, will you tell me?" she whispered leaning closer to her husband's lips, trying to tease an answer out of him.

"a kiss?" dhruv decided to tease back. With a nodded she kissed briefly on his lips, pulling back to meet his eyes.

" a kiss. Like this." Her cheeks flushing with mischief.

Disappointed, he shook his head." No that kiss is not worth sharing the surprise,"

Mockingly gasping, she pulled his face with both her palm, making him face her." How dare you? You're a bad man mister. How could say that to your child's mother. Tsk tsk tsk. Shame. Shame."

Laughing at each other, he gave into the temptation and let her give him a kiss, she so politely promised. Picking her up, lips still passionately kissing each other, he turned around and paused the kiss, smiling at his wife, and dropped her in the middle of bed.

"Ah!" with sudden dropping she looked at her husband with puppy eyes,

"you will know the surprise when you get there, now come out." Saying this Dhruv took the heavy bags, leaving an annoyed wife to pout at his figure,

"you're so mean."

----

"Can we go ma?" walking downstairs with bags he asked his mother, who sat opposite to his father; his father's face devoid of emotions.

"yes we can go. "looking back at her husband once more she walked out of the house taking Janaki with her to the car, leaving the son and father for a minute to talk.

" I will be here in Chennai itself pa, come and meet me if you wish to have a father- son talk. Or if you want to see amma. I know you guys have issue beyond me. She doesn't know anything that happened between us. Don't let that keep you from talking to her."

Dhruv knew the misunderstanding still stayed between his parents, even though they both still clearly loved each other beyond the conflicts.

" bye pa." seeing that vikram face still didn't seemed phased by the words, he walked out of door.