chapter 19

CHAPTER 19

In my life, nothing really ever shocked me with so much profoundness. My life had given and taken everything nice and beautiful, gave me a family so beautiful and took the same beautiful family from me.

The concept of a child was never something I thought about. My character did not seem to be the one that can love a child and provide them with abundant care. I was son that was separated from his father at a young age, but even though that happened, my dad had been a good father to me, even though he couldn't be a husband that my mom desired.

In your young life, you don't think much that you want to be a dad like your father and when I got to the age where I needed to acquire that knowledge I was far away from him. Far away from his guidance. Far away from any care from my father.

My mother has always raised me to be a gentleman. But when do you learn to be a father to a tiny little person that was half you and half your wife.

I didn't know. And I wasn't sure if I will be a great father to begin with.

A child was never in my plan. Even though jaanu was a beautiful surprise, I didn't know if I could say that same about a child. A child was a liability when you have so much on your mind, so much at stake.

Then I thought about the woman in front of me, my wife. Who was nurturing a baby that was mine and hers. And it was beautiful. It was beautiful that she was pregnant with my child. A child, I am a father to. And all my problem vanished. I could have a ton of problems, but she goes through that the most. I was lucky enough to have her. And at this moment, I think the baby will be luckier to have her as mother.

But I didn't know if she was ready. My jaanu could be a lot of things, but I wasn't sure if she was ready for it. Maybe being a wife to me was something she loved to be but a child so early. I was sure if my love was ready for it.

"dhruv?" her sweet voice brought me out of the thought, eyes blinking, I looked down at her doubtful, almost fearful face.

No! she shouldn't feel fearful. That wasn't something she needed.

So I smiled at my beautiful wife and slowly got down on my knees for her, my hands smoothing her curve, eyes at the level of her stomach, my hands touched her skin; beneath which lived a tiny little human, both mine and hers,

"dhruv, say something, please." My tears finally reached her cheeks,

"step back and lean back on the wall." my voice stern.

My wife needed relax. Not cry, not worry but relax.

"w-what?" even with her confusion, she leaned back. Her fingers holding my shoulder for comfort, the need to have my touch so she knew that she had my support was cute.

Moving closer to her, I gripped her hips softly, my lips landing on her stomach.

"do you trust me love?"

"huh?" cutely, her voice turning low, her chest moving up and down with the unpredictability of my actions

"do you trust me Janaki? "I looked up to her, taking her hands keeping on my hair, her finger immediately pushing strands back.

"I do dhruv, but your scaring me, please say something." She whispered, her stature appearing smaller compared to me.

"I love you jaanu." I said to her, lips kissing the abdomen, I wanted her to know I was happy with the news. So my hands reached her ankle, picking her legs up to my shoulder,

"d-dhruv, what are you doing?" her voice shuttered, her finger gripping my hair tight.

"I am trying relax the mother of my child." "what-"