chapter 9

Chapter 9:

People feel nostalgic when they are offered a glimpse of how happy they were when nothing in world made them sad other than being refused to get a toffee or a liked toy or even a chance to see a movie.

Those were time when you experience nothing but pure joy on having the most innocent of things to have your hands on. To have childhood is to enjoy the simplest of joy, to mark the milestones of getting higher than you were last summer. Noting the left over money so you could get your favourite snack from the shop. Playing whatever silly game you and your friends came up with.

For me I got to do all these when I was young, I was happy until my life was filled with my father begging my mom to come back with him to their home. To come back to him and be a family again. I couldn't get the grasp of the situation much when all I want was to get back with my family again.

I used to be happy to go with grandpa to my mother's hometown, but after all that conflicts that went through my mom and dad, going back there didn't hold the same meaning as it was back in the summer holiday.

I was child that listen to everything my mom said. Seeing her cry for what my father did, had left a mark on me. She was good to me, she loved me. I could see her love every day. So seeing her sad was something I loathed.

Every day that went with my mother mourning the loss of our family and seeing my dad happy with his "friends", I did not think he missed us.

But alas I was wrong. It was my wish to see how much my father had changed.

Just what I had a warm welcome in his house. with his servant serving me sweets, to seeing mine and mother's large portrait in the living, I guess I am touched, that he missed us enough to have a portrait of us.

 with his servant serving me sweets, to seeing mine and mother's large portrait in the living, I guess I am touched, that he missed us enough to have a portrait of us

My thoughts were interrupted by my father's footsteps.

"Appa ..." eyeing him up "I am touched, pa." I laughed glancing at him.

"You haven't forgotten us? I'm touched, Dad."

Turning to him, I took up his stature, the commerce teacher influence replaced with the gangster that he became.

"Maybe I misunderstood you?"

Still no emotion in his face, a smirk went straight to my face,

"Nice house, Dad. Show me around?

Come."

I walked away, wanting to take up the luxury he made and dare I say I was impressed with all of these. I know my dad isn't impressed with my work on Anthony but that's why I am here for. A discussion to be held. Between father and son.

"You little punk...don't lose your life over this bloody vengeance business. "

Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. The man I knew didn't come close to spitting a curse word and here he was,