chapter 2

Chapter 2:

Kindness was never a forte of mine. My mother had it. Not me.

Sometime life teaches you a lot that kindness takes a back seat.

I have killed a lot of people. Criminals mostly. Don't worry I don't take innocent life. I am a vigilant you can say. When I was young I saw my dad beg my mother to take her back asking what he did wrong. I don't think he till now knows the impact of the slap he gave my mother.

I have always been a mama's boy. When we got out of the train, separated from my dad. I kept quiet. Saw my dad on paper. Him with the people that destroyed us. I still have it.

My mom was forced to marry again by my grandfather but fought with him. Begged him not force her. After that grandpa died. Mom cried. I joined college. Then my pursuit to become a police officer.

I get it. my way of justice is violent. But hey like I said. Kindness isn't a forte of mine.

So I decided I will kill everyone except him. My dad.

You know family, emotions etc. I mean he is my father after all. I lost him. I can't put him on the list.

So did all the training and I finally got what I wanted.

The head of special task force to eradicate all of them who is with my dad in his liquor mafia.

But before that, jaanu.

Before I go off to tamil nadu, i need to do something about her.

" dhruv"

Mom yelled outside my door. Jaanu having not moved from me. Her skin soft. Her hair tangled. Tired face. I did a number on her I know.

" dhruv" mom calls again getting me out of my thoughts. I get out of the bed. Covering her properly before mom see something she doesn't have to. Wearing a pant. I get out the room into the kitchen when I see my mom in her usual violet saree.

When we came, she joined in a group of people with principles to move on and gain spirituality.

She gained peace but moved on from what happened. No I don't think so. Everytime I see alcohol. Dad. He is the one I remember.

" do you need coffee?" she asked pouring some on the cup before I say anything.

"Amma."

" Mmh"

" I got the permission iam going to see appa."

I can see the break in her action. I wait till she confront the words I spoke.

" are you ready for it? She finally look at me.

" I have been ready for almost 15 years ."

" should I come with you?"" not now but after some day pack everything we need. We are gonna be staying there. Back to the root. I might just get a posting there after all of that."

She just stood there and nodded. I know she needs time. Who wouldn't.

" but before I go I want you to do something for me."

" what is it?"

" I want you to come with me and buy a ring with me."

"so you are ready to it?"

Shocked I looked at her.

"what? You thought I wouldn't know."" Mom-"

" she has been pining over you. Looks at you like you are her saviour for life. If somebody came to me and say Janaki loves somebody else other than you, I will laugh at their face."

" she said her dream is to marry me."

" she has no one. Even though I can be her mother, I can never be what you're to her."

" I will marry her today before I go. But I will register it after I do everything I need to do first."

" do what is best. We will take care of each other till you do what needs to be done, okay?"

" thanks amma."

There I come dad. I promise you.

---------------------------