14|Attempted Murder

Start from the beginning

"You work really fast!" She said and I relaxed a little.

We finished up the rest of the breakfast in no time.

She shared his plate and I poured his coffee.

"Don't tell him that I was here," I told and she winked to me.

"Your secret is safe with me."

"Also, you might want to clear this area for a while."

"Why is that?" She asked.

I couldn't risk anyone finding him before he was actually dead.

"You kept telling me about making babies but he has been so busy lately that we don't even have time to do the activity which helps makes the babies."

Her eyes widened and she nodded. "You don't have to worry. This whole area will be off limits! You guys take all the time that you need."

I smiled.

"Let me go get him and clear the area," she said before walking out.

I looked around to find a place to hide.

I saw a spot in the corner so I sprinted to it.

The doors opened and I could hear his voice.

He walked up to the island and took a sip of his coffee.

"Find the college he goes to and bring him back to Italy before noon."

I knew he was talking about Haze.

He hung up the phone and put the bread which had the egg in it to his mouth.

He took a few bites before he paused to look at the bread with furrowed eyebrows.

He grabbed the coffee and put the mug to his mouth.

It looked like he was already starting to struggle and I smiled.

This was a wicked thing to do but he would do it without a second thought.

He dropped the mug and it shattered on the ground.

Lucky for me, everyone would just think we were having aggressive sex and broke something.

He looked weak enough so I brought myself out of hiding and stood up.

When he saw me, this eyes widened and he held his throat.

I pouted. "Is something wrong, husband?"

His face turned to red and he fell to the floor.

"Who would've thought that a simple sesame extract would have gotten you killed?" I laughed.

He dropped his hand from his neck and I stopped laughing.

What am I doing? I'm not a murderer like him? I can't just watch him suffocate to death. I'm not like him. I will never be like him.

"I can get your epipen if you promise me that you wouldn't kill Haze," I said but he ignored me.

I went closer to him. "Enzo, Ms. Rossi said you could die from this. Promise me that you're not going to kill Haze!"

He looked at me before looking away as he struggled to breathe.

"Haze is still just a kid. He's only in his first year of college and he has big dreams ahead of him. You know how good he is at football!"

He just sat there waiting to die. "Are you kidding me? You're choosing to die because you ate an egg with the wrong seasoning?"

His blinks became longer and slower.

I quickly run out of the kitchen to find Ms. Rossi.

She was dusting the centrepiece in the living room.

"Ms. Rossi!" I shouted.

She turned to me with a smile. "Are two finished already? Should I start turning one of the bedrooms into a nursery?"

"Where is Enzo's epipen? He needs his epipen!" I cried.

"What? Slow down. What for? He should not have any allergic reactions."

"Just tell me where the goddamn epipen is!" I shouted.

"It's-it's in the kitchen in the island drawer," she said with fear in her eyes.

I immediately turned back and ran to the kitchen.

When I walked in, his eyes were closed and I couldn't tell if he was breathing or not.

I picked up the pace and ran to the drawer.

I grabbed it and he ran straight to him where I injected it.

"Please wake up," I whispered over and over as I held him in my arms. "I'm sorry, I needed to protect Haze and you were a threat."

This made me start thinking about mom.

He took a deep breath as he shot up.

I sighed in relief.

When he realized he was in my arms, he immediately stood up. He almost lost his balance and gripped on to the island for balance."

"Enzo," I started off but I couldn't bring myself to say anything.

He picked up his phone and placed it at his ear. "Leave the boy and come back home."

A small smile came out my face. "Thank you-"

"Is this what you wanted?" He shouted at me. "I hope you're happy that you got what you wanted but you're going to regret it. You should've just left me to die," he said before walking out the kitchen.