Guide you through

Sebastian's POV

"No, you're wrong." Y/N stated as she nervously played with my ring.

"I know you two are close Y/N, but trust me on this. I sensed something wrong as soon as I met her. And don't you recall, seeing her snooping around in the dungeons yesterday? Or how Deek had that strange request from her to find her a kettle?"

"She was making her round, Sebastian. And why is it so strange that she needed potion equipment?"

"Sorry to intervene, but who are we talking about? I don't recall a Professor Masons." Poppy said as she looked back and forth between Y/N and I.

"She's the successor of Professor Fig, teaching the theory of magic." Natty complemented.

Y/N had dropped down on one of the staircases, her chin rested on the palm of her hand. Her eyes were staring into nothing, but her expression was thoughtful.

I had a feeling, that even though she didn't want to believe it, her mind was exploring the possibilty.

"What should we do? Confront her?" Poppy asked.

"No, with what evidence? Just that Sebastian and Y/N saw her in the dungeons yesterday and that Sebastian has a feeling about her? That won't do. We need concrete evidence." Natty said as she pondered with her fingers on her chin.

"Maybe we can try and break into her office?" I offered.

"No." Y/N said shortly.

"Y/N, what do you suggest then?" I asked cautiously.

Her eyes were hard as she stood up from her sitting position.

"We will not do such a thing. Like Natty said there is no prove, so there will be no digging through her stuff."

I sighed. This was going to be difficult.

"Listen Y/N, I do understand how you must feel-''

"I don't think you do understand." She interjected.

Ugh... her stubbornness can get so frustrating sometimes.

"Y/N don't you think it's a weird coincedence that she took such a liking in you? She approached you on your very first day, didn't she? And I don't recall seeing her at the opening night."

"What are you saying, Sebastian?" She said curtly.

"I believe that she's the second-in-command. The hooded witch with the long raven black hair. I have a very strong feeling that's her."

Natty gasped. "I think you're on the something Sebastian. I don't recall seeing her at all at the opening feast and she has the same appearance as far as her hair goes."

"Plus the fact that she got close and personal with Y/N and that she was in the dungeons yesterday." Poppy chimed in.

"I am really sorry Y/N, but we have to look into this." I said turning my head towards her again, but discovering that she wasn't there anymore.

"Y/N?" I moved my head and scanned the room, she was nowhere to be found.

"I think she just escaped in one of the Vivariums." Poppy said, a hint of sadness lingering in her voice.

I shook my head. "I don't understand, why can't she see? It is so obvious."

"I think she already believes you, Sebastian. But she is not ready to accept it yet." Natty said as she layed a hand on my shoulder.

"A few weeks ago Y/N told me that she never felt such a connection with a teacher ever since Professor Fig died. This Professor Masons was helping Y/N a lot. Offering her the classroom to study and giving her advice."