Rebuilding what we had

Y/N POV

I didn't like lying to my friends like that, but I still felt guilty about the whole mind reading thing. Surely, if I had paid more attention in class last year, I wouldn't have been so vulnerable against it. Maybe there was a counter spell I didn't know about. Maybe I should ask proferssor Weasley about it.

Really lost in thought, I didn't notice that Sebastian had been standing next to me, until he spoke. "So, it is settled then?" Realising that I didn't know what he was going on about, I asked: "What is?"

After I learned that he was going to walk me to my common room alone, I felt a little nervous. Part of me wanted to speak to him and to confide in him like I always used to do, but another part of me was fearing that our friendship has been cooled down since the events last summer. I was about to find out soon enough.

The walk from the Room of requirements to the Ravenclaw common room wasn't too long, so if things were really getting awkward, it was only for a short period of time.

We parted ways with Natty and Poppy as they both walked in the opposite direction from where Sebastian and I needed to go.

"Shall we?" I asked as I began to lead the way.

"I was hoping you would be in for a small detour." Sebastian said as he leaned against the wall.

"What kind of detour?" I asked curiously.

"If you are up for it I wanted to sneak in the kitchen to get some late night treats, what do you say?"

"We just had dinner... You're hungry again?''

"No, not really, but just in the mood for treats besides only tonight there will be rasberry filled muffins." Sebastian said excitedly.

"I don't know, it is getting very late though."

"Come on, it will be like old times." Sebastian pleaded.

"Fine, you lead the way then." I said giving in.

"Yes! I knew you were up for it."

"Let's go before I change my mind." I said rolling my eyes at his enthusiasm.

Making our way down the stairs, I noticed that there was a strange tension hanging in the air. Just like I feared, an uncomfortable silence rose between us.

I really wanted to break this silence, but I couldn't find the words. What was I supposed to say? How was your summer break? Knowing that he probably spent it all alone...

Things would probaly never go back as they used to be. Too much had happend.

Suddenly Sebastian stopped mid stairway, not paying attention I crashed into his back.

"What are you doing, are the prefects out there?" I took hold of my wand ready to cast the disillusionment charm.

Sebastian turned. "There is nobody here Y/N, but I am kind of tired of this silent treatment, why are you so closed off at the moment? What is it that you won't talk to me about?"

"Come again, where are you referring to?"

Sebastian sighed. "Listen I know that you have been through a lot toni-"

"Tonight? That I have been through a lot tonight? Why don't you try last year?" I almost shouted.

Why was I so frustrated at him right now? Must have been the long day I had.

"Hey, calm down now. I know that prefects are busy enough in their common rooms on the first night, but we don't want to push our luck. If you don't want to tell me then don't, I just thought that we shared a connection of trust and secrets...