F o u r t e e n

A/N: This chapter contains a little violence and torture. If anyone who's reading this is uncomfortable with that, you can skip those parts and read ahead <3

In a second, J is pushed to the floor when Zayan's leg makes contact with his arm. With wide eyes, I watch Zayan glaring at J with extreme hatred as he delivers numerous hard punches on his face.

"How dare you touch her, you pathetic bastard?!" He roars loudly, kicking J repeatedly.

With my racing heartbeats and teary eyes, I see J struggle, coughing out blood. He tries to push Zayan off and make a run for it but Zayan grabs him by his neck and throws him at the wall. He marches to the door and to my surprise, he shuts it close and locks it.

I shiver from the intensity of his rage as he slowly walks back to where J lies down on his stomach, trying to fight unconsciousness.

Zayan walks over to him and crouches down. He grabs a fist of J's hair and yanks it up with full force, forcing him to look at him. "Didn't I warn you to not even look at her, huh? You must not value your life, given how you tried to mess with mine." Zayan's voice is calm, deadly calm, so much that I am frozen with fear when it's not even me who's at the receiving end.

"I...am.. " J coughs out weakly, blood oozing out from his nose and mouth, "sorry. Please..forgive me."

I feel nauseous seeing his messed up face and as the feeling of his hand on mine comes back to me, vomit threatens to come out.

I was so scared. I still am. What would've happened if Zayan hadn't interfered? What would he have done then? What would've happened to me? I shake my head abruptly, not wanting to even think about it.

Zayan laughs maniacally. "Forgive you? I'm going to make you regret ever being born."

My eyes widen even more when Zayan fishes out a knife from his pocket, the metal glinting. J's whole demeanor shakes in horror as a known look falls in his expression.

He immediately tries to move away, shaking his head rapidly. "I'm sorry! Please! I'm sorry, I will never look at her again!"

Zayan grabs him and pulls him closer. "I'm sure you won't. Because now, I'm going to make you wish you were dead."

I stare at Zayan in both confusion and fear as he forcefully opens J's mouth and pulls out his tongue. A shocked gasp leaves my mouth when he swishes his knife through J's tongue, cutting it, making it drop on the floor as J cries out in pain.

I'm paralyzed in fear as I just register what happened.

Blood oozes out his mouth quickly as tears fall from his eyes.

I shake in disgust as Zayan picks up the cut off tongue, grinning delightfully at J. "You used this tongue to talk to her, right? You used this disgusting tongue to call out to her!" He then shoves the tongue back in J's mouth, his hand coming back out to strangle his neck. "Swallow it." He sneers.

J shakes his head, his eyes begging for mercy while his cries echo in the room. My heart falls as I watch him quite literally swallow his tongue.

"Zayan!" I shout at him, my voice alarmed and frightened.

He turns his face to me and my legs push back on the ground trying to move back seeing the pure look of madness and pleasure dancing in his eyes. Droplets of blood is stained on his features and his expression haunts me.

He's a stranger. He looks completely different.

"Don't worry, darling. Watch what happens when someone messes with you." He gives me a sweet smile and turns back.