S i x

"I will kill you if you don't stop your antics," I glare at Zayan who's giving me a mischievous smile.

"Relax, Insha, we have like four weeks until our deadline. I don't understand why we need to get on with it already." He sits back in his seat and I watch him as he raises his arms and puts both of his palms behind his lower head. My eyes rake over his muscular biceps and oh man, the veins.

Why is this guy so good looking? My words die on my tongue as I continue admiring him and I don't even realize he's suddenly right in front of my face.

I look in his eyes, with my own surprised ones and I feel something funny in my stomach as he watches me with darkening eyes. His expressions and the look in his eyes does something to me but I don't know what.

My heart is beating insanely fast and I part my lips, not being able to breath properly.

He inches his face closer and I feel like I can faint any moment. "If you look at me like that, darling, you need to prepare to be responsible for many things." He says in a thick voice.

I abruptly move away from him, trying my best not to show him how fast my heart is racing.

Ya Allah, what is happening to me?

I clear my throat and look anywhere but him, "W-what do you mean? I wasn't looking at you."

"Really?" His voice, thankfully, goes back to the normal teasing-friendly tone and he laughs, "It seemed to me that you were checking me out."

I cough. Shit.

I look at him, pretending to be indifferent. "Ha! Very funny. Why would I check you out? I mean, have you seen yourself?" I roll my eyes, waving him off.

He raises his eyebrows. "Well, of course I have. That's how I know why the ladies love me." He smirks. "And so do you."

I snort. "I would rather drink bleach, dude."

He scowls and I let out a laugh.

"You wound me, darling." He puts a hand on his chest.

I roll my eyes, yet again, and playfully slap him on his shoulders. "Enough with the dramatics. Let's get to work." I hear him groan as I open the document on my laptop. "We need to choose one topic today and then we'll divide the work in half."

Zayan lazily leans forward and roams his eyes on the topics given. A second later, he nudges his chin to the screen. "How about the government policies?"

I hum, deciding to agree. After a second, I say, "Alright, this looks okay. We'll go with this one."

"Cool, now shall we go? This library is giving me a headache." He complains and I give him an incredulous look.

"No way you just said that!" I whisper yell at him. "We can't be friends now." I shake my head in sorrow.

He slings his arms around my shoulder and pulls me a little closer to him. "Is this an insinuation to be... something more?" He grins with a glint in his eyes.

I punch him in the ribs and he lets out an 'ow' before fake glaring at me.

"Never in a million years. I can't believe a person can get a headache because of library. A library." I narrow my eyes at him, skeptical. "Are you a psychopath or something?"

He lets out a dry laugh and then suddenly gives me a very malicious, evil and unsettling smile. "Do you think I am?"

Weirdly, the hairs on my back stand up. i shake my head mentally and start chuckling nervously, hitting his arm lightly.