S10E17

Author's Note:

Cover Art: Cruz7808

Story is crossposted on Wattpad, Ao3, and Quotev

S10E17- Remember Me How I Was

"I want Tex." Yang grinned.

Jaune laughed, "Not counting Tex or Alpha. I mean a fragment."

"Either way." Ren cut in, "We don't know much about Eta or Iota. We don't know what emotional fragment Theta is either. There's no way of guessing which A.I. the director would assign us."

Jaune hummed, "Good point, I hope we find out soon. After last episode, I want to learn more about the fragments."

" Remember Me How I was" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"That has to refer to the director and Allison, or Tex." Blake added.

Yang nodded, "Yeah, but he can't do that."

"If he could have moved on like Church, none of this would have happened." Ruby sighed.

Fade in to Valhalla, where Simmons and Grif are seen standing at Red base.

Grif: "Hey, Simmons?"

Simmons: "Yeah?"

Grif: "You ever wonder why we're here?"

The group chuckled and sighed, all remembering watching the first episode.

"The first time it was Simmons asking Grif" Jaune commented.

Simmons: "You mean metaphysically?"

Jaune chuckled, "And Grif thought it was a question about their god."

"It is a very profound question." Ren explained.

"Sometimes the question feels like the theme of the show, if there is any overarching theme." Blake explained.

Grif: "No. I mean why are we going through all this trouble just to find one guy?"

The group leaned forward.

"They're finally addressing it." Weiss mumbled.

" OUTPOST 17-B: VALHALLA. PRESENT DAY." Appeared on the screen.

Simmons: "I don't know. He's evil... or something?"

"He's evil." Ruby stated firmly. "Not pure evil, he only does bad things because he wants his wife back."

"I agree, but calling his actions 'bad things' is putting it very lightly."

Blake pointed out, "The ends do not justify the means, ever."

Ruby nodded, "I know." Her eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the screen, "Like I said, he's evil." She shivered, in her mind she could still hear Alpha's panic in her father's voice.

Grif: "Yeah. But so what? I don't have a problem with him."

Simmons: "Yeah, but he's the one that started all of this. You know. He's the reason we have to deal with the Freelancers, the A.I.s, and the Meta. I mean when you think about it, he's the reason why we're here."

"He's the one who set up the simulation bases, or gave the order at least." Weiss continued Simmons's point.

Blake chuckled, "I doubt he had a hand in the scenarios though, especially there's." She gestured to the reds. Referring to both the reds and blues.