S10E7

Author's note:

Thanks to Brian.H.H for some incredible analysis and suggestions.

And yes I'll probably do the Red vs Blue death battle. It was just good enough to warrant a reaction. I got annoyed every time they showed a scene from season 15+ but eh whatever. The new VA for Caboose is just not Caboose. Shannon is already a fantastic VA, he could have done it. He voiced Iowa and would have done a great Caboose.

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S10E7- Oversight

"I think it's taken in, and if it's not. Play the episode!" Nora shouted. "We're back on track with season ten!"

"Hopefully there are no more breaks." Weiss added.

" Oversight" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"Oversight.. like the chairman's thing?" Nora asked.

"Maybe, or they overlooked something in the search for the Director." Blake shrugged.

"Sigma made a massive oversight last episode." Ren added. "His metastability analysis wasn't complete."

"He probably couldn't have become metastable even if he did get the A.I. he needed." Jaune added.

"I actually have a thought about that." Blake sat up, "I don't think Sigma wanted to steal those A.I. to become Metastable. I think he wanted to become a full A.I. and then become Metastable."

"What?" Ruby asked.

"Remember what the counselor said, it's harder for a fragment to become metastable than it is for a full A.I. he might have needed to become a full A.I. first." Blake explained.

"That would make more sense." Ren nodded.

"In the end that doesn't change much." Yang commented, "Just his method of becoming metastable."

Weiss hummedc, "He thinks he has to become a full A.I. but Delta achieved metastability as a fragment."

"He could be so ambitious that he wants to try it as a fragment, if he became a full A.I. wouldn't he change because of the other fragments' emotions? I don't think he'd want that" Ruby asked.

"I think he does... but." Blake's eyes widened. "I just remembered something important. Sigma is creativity, Washington said it in season six."

"Creativity? That doesn't make sense." Weiss frowned. "Why would the Alpha need to segment off their creativity?"

"And it doesn't really match Sigma." Ruby added.

"Well maybe his plans are.. creative?" Yang suggested.

"Remember this is the director's creativity we're talking about." Blake noted. "The Alpha is based off of him."

"In that context it makes more sense." Weiss nodded.

"I mean for all we know he could be both creativity and ambition." Ruby threw her arms up in a shrug.

"It's frustrating, if there was ever a time to explain everything it would have been last episode." Weiss sighed.

Ruby giggled, "When they were in a literal classroom."

"I don't want to be the Director's student." Nora huffed indignantly.

Fade in to the beach of Zanzibar. Washington sees Carolina kneeling down by the water and walks towards her.

" U.N.S.C WIND POWER FACILITY, PRESENT DAY."