S10E1

Author's note:

As you can probably guess, this chapter took a while because of School and my job. The combination is a stressful pile of tedious mind numbing work. I honestly thought it wouldn't be that bad, then day one of online school I started getting a ton of HW and people quit at work so I got more hours.

But enough of that, we're finally at season 10! Another milestone achieved. Tried making this chapter as best as I could. I got really motivated to write this because "RWBY: Fairy Tales of Remnant" arrived. Instantly ignored schoolwork and read it all, now I'm ignoring schoolwork to write this. Enjoy!

Cover Art: Cruz7808

S10E1- Revenants

In a dormitory hall, three huntresses in training walked with a purpose.

"I cannot believe you." An exasperated and cold voice growled.

"I know." A giddy and girlish voice replied, "It's so heavy." She said, as if there could be no better compliment.

"It's brutish and foul!" Weiss turned, her hair whipping Ruby in the face.

Nora didn't seem to hear Weiss's description, she was too busy admiring Magnhild. It was almost unrecognizable from it's look a mere month ago. Nora was currently carrying it in it's grenade launcher form, the way the Meta carried his Brute shot. The handle was now on top and a large curved blade rose from the bottom where the old handle used to be to the stock. This coupled with Ruby's older upgrade of two barrels instead of one caused Weiss to see Magnhild as an amalgamation of O'Malley's rocket launcher, Nora's old grenade launcher, and the Meta's fear inspiring knifle.

"Not to mention monstrous." Weiss added.

The nervous looks from passing students told Weiss that they agreed with her statement. However Weiss could not tell if their looks of fear were for the weapon in Nora's hands... or her manic grin as she met their eyes, daring them to be her test dummy.

Nora continuing to ignore Weiss pressed a button to shift Magnhild into hammer form. The gun morphed, a long pole collapsed downward as the blade shifted up to the back of the hammerhead. A purplish glow emanated from seams of the weapon, giving the whole hammer an almost alien look.

Weiss couldn't help but smile at the sight of the gravity dust. She quickly forced her smile into a scowl.

"How can it be monstrous? It's pink!" The silent third chimed in, Ruby rushed up next to Weiss. Nora grinned indulgently, "She's right."

Weiss sighed and shook her head, "Is everyone else ready?"

Ruby nodded, "Yep!" Popping the 'p' "They're just waiting on us."

Weiss nodded, glad for the change in subject "You two spent so long talking to Velvet I thought it prudent to find you."

"I just wanted to see my baby, I couldn't wait any longer. Gonna take some getting used to." Nora mumbled as she adjusted her grip. "Velvet's a genius! I told her about my ideas for Jaune's sword and Pyrrha's shield, showed her some pictures and she agreed to make them!" Ruby burst with excitement. "It'll take a little bit because hardlight dust is a little complicated but she's worked on much harder designs apparently. It's going to be a huge surprise for whoever JNPR goes up against in the tournament."

"Fantastic." Weiss gritted her teeth, "I'm sure everyone will also be surprised with Coco's monstrosity."

"Is everything I make a monstrosity to you?" Ruby accused.

"Yes! And in the case of Coco's excessive mutant of a handbag it's even worse! Mini-rockets? A flamethrower!" Weiss shouted.

Ruby giggled, "And an E.M.P shot, I'm proud of that one. The three barrels form one and it-"