Chapter 13

Harvey Specter's House

It's Friday evening. Harvey Specter was still in his office like almost every Friday evening. Merger agreements have been negotiated for almost 2 months. The law firm was upside down and everything had to be done without Jessica Pearson, who had just given birth to twins. Harvey and Louis could do such big mergers as well as in their sleep, but it took time, a lot of time. It also took some getting used to the fact that Jessica repeatedly sent her husband Jeff Malone to the office to look for the right. However, since Louis and Harvey didn't say a word about it, it seemed to be temporarily okay for both of them. So while Harvey was still working, Donna stayed overnight for a girls' night. She had just been driven by her theater rehearsals from Ray to Elizabeth. Elizabeth had already put Emma and Jacob in bed after dinner. The two were already 1 year old and were mostly true sweethearts, so Elizabeth was never afraid to be alone with the two. Now everything was quiet here and there was no noise from the children's room. Now the two could relax.

When do you want to tell him that you're acting again? Asked Elizabeth Donna, who had just made herself comfortable on the big couch with a glass of wine.

Donna sipped her wine glass: I don't know. So far, it has never been the right time.

The longer you wait, the more unpleasant it will be. Now you are already rehearsing 3 times a week and have had 3 performances last month. Even though Harvey rarely asks me why Emma is staying with us again, I don't like to lie to him about this story.

I know Elizabeth and without you all this would not have been possible. You shouldn't lie for me just because I don't want to hurt Harvey... he will get as angry as he was when I went to Louis.

Donna, Harvey must accept that you go your own way without him and without asking him permission beforehand, even if you will leave a big gap in the office. You have saved a lot of time and money and are starting to realize your dream. But he must not learn from others that you will soon be a co-owner of an acting school and will have no time for the law firm at all.

Yes, but I'm really afraid that everything will go wrong. I experienced something like that as a child and don't want to do it to my child.

Something can always go wrong, but I think Harvey and Louis will take you back with a kiss.

And what do I do with you if things go wrong?

Donna, even if it goes wrong and you lose everything. You don't have to pay me anything back. I'm an adult and I know what I'm doing. It's my money, not a cent is from Harvey. Elizabeth sipped her tea. Financially, she had had a good hand in investing over the last few years, so money was not an issue for her. By the way, I believe in you, you can do that. You have the talent and the experience and with Louis at your side, your project acting school is legally and financially secure. Then she laid her head on the back of the large sofa and looked at the ceiling. Donna, for her part, on the other end of the sofa, did the same to her. Now they both looked out through the skylights into the starry sky.

Why are we worried about Harvey? And not about Simon, to whom you also conceal your investments.

Wait, I'm not hiding it. Simon doesn't ask, he's not there and is not interested in my finances or my activities when he's there.

Why is he always gone for so long?

He has external appointments and has to set up a branch office in Miami, that takes time. Donna said with a sigh. She knew it sounded unbelievable.