Chapter 7

It was early in the morning, it was still dark outside, but the morning was already underway at Specter's house. Harvey sat freshly showered in a white T-shirt and black suit pants on the edge of the bed. He just put on his shiny high-tech lower leg prosthesis when Elizabeth came out of the bathroom. She had put on her dark blue tight-fitting long-sleeved dress and put on the blue stud earrings. Then she took her necklace with the blue oval pendant and just wanted to put it on when Harvey stood behind her. He took the chain and put it around her neck.

We will do everything as discussed. Harvey said invoringly and then he whispered in her ear: I love you. To the moon and back. And seductively kissed her neck, he would have liked to continue where he left off about 1 hour ago. Before they treated themselves to some sleep.

Elizabeth turned to him: We both came so far and have been through so much together that we can survive this day as well. There may be a few small hurdles for the next time today, but you can do it and I'll help you with it.

Harvey looked at her a little confused: Shouldn't I rather help you? Because I don't need any help.

What? You can't solve my problems, she smiled at him. But I firmly believe that these are smaller after today.

Harvey closed his eyes and kissed her forehead, then he held Elizabeth tightly.

You look beautiful, he finally said.

Thank you. But Batman also dressed up quite a bit, she said appreciatively. I'm going to wake up Jacob now and you'll make us all breakfast?! Elizabeth pulled over a cardigan and went directly into the children's room next door while Harvey buttoned his white shirt and watched his wife through the door gap with a smile. He felt that her inner strength had come back and so he then made his way to the kitchen.

——————

Arriving in front of Dr. Lipschitz's practice house, Ray stopped the black Lexus, on whose passenger seat was a freshly printed NewYork Times, and as the day before, Harvey got out, opened the car door for Elizabeth and accompanied her up the stairs through the snow. The sun had risen in the cloudless sky, but the temperatures remained below 32F. The red short wool coat lay over Elizabeth's shoulders and the hood covered the open blonde hair. She gently felt Harvey's hand protectively lying on her back until they arrived at the door to the practice. Slowly Harvey pushed her hood back and looked deep into her eyes, then he took her face in his hands. He gave her a long gentle kiss on her lips and said: You are not alone.

Elizabeth then replied: trust me ... never give up.

Then the door to the practice opened and Harvey said goodbye. He turned around and while walking, they both let their hands slide apart until their fingertips lost contact, but neither of them looked around. They were sure of them. Harvey went out into his battle while Elizabeth approached Dr. Lipschitz and entered the practice. Then the door closed.

——————

A short time later, Harvey arrived at the court. It was as busy as any other morning at this time in the corridors of the court. In the smaller courtroom, however, there was hardly anyone, interest in this case did not seem to have so many people. Immediately upon entering, Harvey saw Travis Tanner, who had already taken a seat at the prosecution table and arranged his papers. Therefore, he first went to Travis to greet him with a handshake. Daniel Hardman and the accused Inez were not yet in the hall.