Chapter 1

It was the first working day after his chemotherapy a week ago and thus the first working day after the honeymoon Harvey had indulged in and granted to Jessica. In the middle of January, New York was still under a blanket of snow. But today the city didn't seem to wake up at all. It remained icy cold and cloudy out there.

Good morning Jessica, you wanted to talk to me?" Said Harvey, who entered the office of Jessica Pearson, the managing director, in his black suit.

Jessica, who looked thoughtfully out of the window over the roofs to dawn, slowly turned towards him. She sighed: „Yes, Harvey. You look good. Take a seat. Travis Tanner wants to talk to us."

Harvey turned around full of energy and greeted Travis with a handshake. „Travis, what brings you to us?"

Harvey, take a seat." Travis took a deep breath before he started. All 3 sat down in the armchairs around the coffee table in Jessica's office. „Yesterday Inez Wood was arrested."

Harvey looked at Travis confused. „Okay, and will you tell us why we might be interested?"

We know that Inez is Mike Ross' ex-girlfriend. In doing so, he will be summoned to make a statement." Travis faltered. Apparently, the next one was very unpleasant for him. „She is accused of blackmail and attempted blackmail in 20 cases. And there is a list where your name appears."

Harvey smiled at him and said: „Who claims that my name is on it?"

Harvey, I just wanted to warn you. Nothing more. Ms. Pearson, you know how to reach me.Travis said, got up and walked towards the door.

Harvey, on the other hand, remained seated and stared out the window. His hands folded to support his chin on it. „Who will defend she?"

Daniel Hardman." Travis turned around to move on.

I can't," Harvey said with my eyes closed.

Travis stopped in the door, looked briefly to the ground and sighed: „I know."
Without turning around, he quickly left the office.

Now Jessica turned to Harvey. „Before you explain the big picture to me, I have to tell you something else. There is increasing evidence that Inez was the whistleblower in the trial for Elizabeth's place at New Amsterdam."

But this will not announce the verdict." Harvey said casually and got up to go. Harvey had to go to Mike before he got a subpoena and now he didn't want to answer Jessica. So he buttoned up his suit jacket when Jessica looked at him with his head tilted.

Harvey? Can you tell me what you have to do with this Ms Wood?"

No, let that be my concern."

Ok, I'm not asking any further. But if it could have any impact on the law firm, please let me know in good time."

I will, but it shouldn't even come to that. That's why I urgently need to work now." With these words, he left Jessica's office. He walked the long way past Gretchen's desk into his office. Gretchen was just on the road with Emma and Jacob and can only be reached by phone during these times. Harvey was happy because he was now undisturbed. While sorting the documents at his desk, he dialed a number.

Harvey, what a surprise." Said a woman's voice.

Hi, can we meet briefly at noon today?" He asked worried.