Chapter 24- Neteyam

They all arrived at the village on their tsuraks and ilu

Nerika then emerges from the water being greeted with hugs by Tsireya. "Nerika, you're alright!" She says happily but Nerika doesn't answer and continues to hold onto her side crying with sadness and pain. Now that the fight was over she became overwhelmed with sadness, agony and pain.

Aonung then walks over to the family. "Yawnetu!" He says before kissing both of Nerika's cheeks. Nerika smiles faintly still looking to the ground crying. "I'm so sorry Nerika" Ronal says walking with Lei'wa in her arms and Tonowari behind her.

Nerika gave her a faint smile before the sharp pain through her side comes again. Nerika then takes her shaking hand off the wound as everyone turns to her. She looks up at them and back to her bloody hand as her ears drop while a single tear goes down her face.

The pain comes fiercely, stronger than before making Nerika grunt in pain. "Rika?" Tsireya says. Nerika looks at her before breathing heavily and fainting. "Rika!" She hears Lo'ak and Aonung shout before closing her eyes.

Aonung then picks up her body bridal style, "Bring her, NOW" Ronal shouts running over to the medical tent with Aonung and everyone else behind her. He places Nerika's body down onto the mat and turns to his mother who was getting a liquid that smelled like yaungebaar(the herb kiri recommended to Mo'at).

"Will she be alright?" He asks. "She will have to fight very hard, she has had this wound for a long period of time" Ronal says before getting a wet cloth and wiping off all the blood on Nerika's side.

Jake and Neytiri sit in one corner watching their daughter's unconscious body while Neytiri begins to cry. Lo'ak pulls Kiri and Tuk into a hug as they all cry not wanting to lose both of their eldest siblings. "First teyam and now her" Tuk says crying on Lo'ak's stomach not wanting to see what was happening. Tsireya sits with Aonung watching Nerika with sadness in their eyes.

Ronal then applies the yaungebaar liquid onto the whole cut as yaungebaar was known as a fast healing serum for wounds. She then rubs it into Nerika's skin and puts a bandage over it.

"Now what?" Aonung asks. "There's nothing I can do, the wound has been treated" Ronal says. "Why isn't she waking up?" Lo'ak asks. "The cut was dangerously close to her liver and kidney so it may take a while" Ronal replies.

Neytiri then begins to cry harder, "please eywa don't take another" she cries while Jake cries silently while trying to comfort her. They had all been crying, even Aonung himself.

It had been a few hours since Nerika had fainted and Aonung, Tsireya, Lo'ak, Kiri and Tuk had never left her side. "Kids, it's late, you should get to bed. Tomorrow's the funeral" Jake says. "There's gonna be another" Tuk whispers softly to herself while crying.

Neytiri then comes in with sleeping mats and lays them out for all the children to sleep. "Here, now you'll never leave her side" Neytiri says before leaving the medical tent. The kids all get on their mat with Aonung on Nerika's right and Lo'ak on her left.