Chapter 8- New friendships

Nerika lifts her head slightly above the water to see who it had entered the cave. To her relief it was just the rest of the group. She goes back underwater looking at Aonung.

"It's just our siblings and Rotxo" she signs to him. "Oh thank Eywa, I thought it was my mom" he signs back.
Nerika smiles and then turns to Aonung with a mischievous look on her face. "Let's prank them" "how?" He signs back. "We'll pretend like we want to kill them, just follow my lead" she signs before swimming slightly above the water peaking her head to watch the kids.

Just as they were all walking back exiting the cave, Nerika and Aonung come out from the stream onto the ground in front of it. "Turn back slowly" Nerika says in an unrecognizable voice while holding her bow and arrow whilst Aonung is holding up his knife.

The kids turn their bodies slowly facing the pair as they all let out a sigh of relief seeing it was just Nerika and Aonung playing a stupid prank on them.

"You Skxawngs! You scared us have half to death" Kiri says while jokingly pushing her sister. "It was worth it though, you should've seen the looks on your faces" Aonung snickers.

"What were you skxawngs doing her all alone anyways?" Neteyam asks looking at both Nerika and Aonung.
Nerika and Aonung both glance at each other blushing before Nerika speaks up, "He was telling me about the tulkun's returning" she says feeling grateful that she had remembered Tsireya telling her about it once.

"Oh yes! Im so excited because when they leave again there's going to be a party!" Tsireya squeals. "I'm excited to see all the tulkun!" Tuk says while bouncing up and down excitedly. The group giggles at the girls energy.

Kiri then turns to Nerika, "You look different" she says. "What do you mean?" Nerika asks. "The tips of your ears are red, your cheeks are flushed and your tail is wagging aggressively. Are you ok?" Kiri says. "I'm fine, I don't know why its like this but I'll ask mom about it later" Nerika says giving her sister a reassuring smile.

"Let's go sit by the pools" Rotxo says leading everyone out of the cave.
____

This is what I mean when I say by the pools

This is what I mean when I say by the pools. See those little pools of water there? Yeah ^_^
___
Time reminder= 17h00

-At the pools-

The kids are all sitting together at the pools while Neteyam shares with them some of Lo'ak's infamous sneaking out attempts and how he'd get his ass dragged back into his tent by Jake. The kids all laugh while Lo'ak just rolls his eyes.

"Nerika likes sneaking out too" Tuk says out loud. Nerika's ears lift hearing the little girl's comment. "When did I sneak out Tuk?" She asks while facing the girl. "The other night, you came back very late and everyone was already sleeping" Tuk says. Nerika's eyes widen as she realizes it was the night Aonung had pulled her in between the two maruis.