Chapter 1: Amazon Hunting

3rd POV:

In Pandora.

Pandora.

Pandora, called Eywa's Child by the Na'vi (Na'vi name: Eywa'eveng), is an Earth-like habitable extrasolar moon from the Alpha Centauri System, the closest star system to humanity's own Solar System. It is the fifth moon of the gas giant Polyphemus, which orbits Alpha Centauri A. It is located 26,000,000,000,000 miles (4.423 light-years) from Earth. The names of both the moon and its mother planet are coined by humans in reference to figures in Greek mythology.

Despite being almost as large as Earth, Pandora is only a moon of a planet that has thirteen other moons. However, due to the smaller mass, Pandora's gravity is 20% less than Earth's, although its atmosphere is much denser than Earth's due to the presence of heavier gases. Depending on the position of the various moons, two or even three moons can be seen at once in the sky of Pandora. This causes solar eclipses to happen on almost a daily basis. Pandora and its sister moons also cast large black shadows on Polyphemus.

Pandora was discovered by space telescopes at some point between 2050 and 2077. They were stunned by evidence of strong magnetic fields. Pandora's discovery prompted the invention of even larger space telescopes for more accurate readings.

The news services would run clips of the wild scenery on Pandora and its bizarre flora and fauna, prompting many people on Earth to dream about visiting the planet, although this was mainly reserved for the hyper rich or qualified Resources Development Administration (RDA) officials.

Around the year 2119, mass colonization and terraforming of Pandora began to occur. While the RDA is responsible for researching Pandora and extracting resources, it also has a joint research program with the Pandoran Research Foundation. Meanwhile, the Pandora Conservation Initiative is unaffiliated with the RDA.

Because humanity has ruined Earth by the 22nd century and faces extinction, Pandora is of great interest to them due to the amount of natural resources it has. The RDA has set up two major facilities on Pandora, Hell's Gate and Bridgehead.

Time Skip Later.

In Somewhere Else.