Chapter 23: From Secret Admirers

Start from the beginning

Guard: should I go and get your vehicle sir?

I shook my head while preparing for the ran ahead.

Ghira: no need, but do have any medical staff to head to the area. Understood?

The boy saluted me with a smile as he nodded before running off to the nearby local hospital.

Ghira: *sigh* always somthing...

I sighed aloud as I began to walk...then jog...then run...

Soon, I was in a full sprint, running past the people that waved and cheered as I moved quickly.

It wasn't long until I had even gotten ahead of the guards rhat were trying to catch up to my beloved.

Ghira: make way!

I bolted past them I caught sight of Kali turning a corner to head to the sight. And thus I followed her scent and trail.

Though on my way towards her, a beam of light shot up and into the night sky like a beacon.

Ghira: what the?!-

Deciding that it would best. I immediately picked up the pace before reaching the outer banks of Menagerie.

There...on the sand...

My wife stood before a boy engulfed in a well of light that looked to sprout from his...antlers?

I rubbed and covered my eyes for the sheer light before looking again to confirm what I had just seen...

A deer faunus...one with Antlers no less...

Ghira: what happened?!

I called out to Kali as she tries to approach.

Kali: he was unconscious when I came here, but when I got close, he woke up! And now-!

She yelled as she gestured to the boy. But before she could speak again, the boy looked up at us before shouting.

???: is this an illusion Salem!?

The boy called out with laughter before picking up a strange metal walking stick.

He then held it in his hands before shifting it into a bow, and locking an arrow.

???: t-think you can trick me because... *pant*...because I...

He did his best to draw the bow and arrow against us, but ad I watched with caution, I had almost immediately recognized the several wounds and claw marks that ran across his body.

But with heavy breathing, and broken sentences. His balance began to wain, as his antlers began to dim.

???: a...little...nap *pant* by the water?

He heaved as his arms could no longer pull back a heavy mechanically assisted string before falling to his knees. Blood now poured over his head and strange Grimm mask as his breathing began to slow down.

???: I-I'm...free...now...

He spoke those words as the light he stood in quickly faded into his antlers as he began to shakily stand up again. He clutched his side as he dropped his weapon for single handed combat.

???: And I won't let you stand in my way!!!!

With a smile, he looked up to both me and Kali before getting ready to strike.

Guard: Chief !

The detail of guards had finally caught up and saw the situation. With weapons drawn, they stood in defense of Kali before shouting