Forget Me Not

As the term came to a close, all the students were busy packing for the holiday. Every bed had clothes astray and open trunks, and the dormitories were a buzz with plans for Christmas and traveling back home. For the twins, Uncle Altair made the trip overseas, so they could spend the holiday exploring London. Despite the recent disturbance from Death Eaters in the muggle world, their uncle still insisted he come to them instead of having the girls stay at Hogwarts without anything to do.

"Aster," a first year knocked on their open door. "There's someone at the common room door who wants to speak to you."

Aster happily abandoned her poor efforts to pack. She patted the student on the head then trotted up the stairs to the door.

Hermione Granger was standing quite awkwardly in a woolen jacket, scarf, and beanie. "Hi."

"Hello, to you." Aster responded.

"I'm um," the brunette pulled gloves out of her pockets. "I was about to slip out to Hogsmeade for a bit, and I was wondering if you were available to join me." She spoke at a slow temper, carefully planning each word before speaking. "Harry and Ron are at a holiday Quidditch get-together, and I'm sure you're probably packing, but -"

"No, it's fine." She felt herself smiling. "Let me just grab my coat."

Aster furiously ran back down the stairs and crashed through the door where Io stood, just watching her sister sweating with panic.

"Are you okay?"

"Please, don't hate me, but can you finish fixing up my trunk for me?" She hastily put on her leather jacket and house-color scarf.

Io stepped forward, folding her hands across her chest. "For a price."

"Sis, please, do not do this to me, not today."

"Caramels and sugar quills - the large ones." Io propositioned. "And if you want everything re-folded, you better bring back candy floss and treacles for Uncle."

Aster's face nearly turned red at the ultimatum. "Fine! Fine, fine, just do it, and I'll get you your stupid sweets."

Io positioned herself in front of her sister's messily packed trunk. "Very well, you may leave."

Throwing a stray shirt at her sister's head before departing, Aster ran back towards the common room exit, using her scarf to pat away any sweat.

The two girls started to make their way to Hogsmeade just as the snow started to fall. It wasn't as bad today, and the fresh frost helped with the patches of ice on the road. The square was fairly busy with people visiting and folks buying last minute Christmas gifts. While some shops were closed, Honeydukes was still bright and open for those who had a craving for something sweet.

Aster groaned, motioning towards Honeydukes. "Do you mind if we stop in for a moment? My sister is asking for a few things."

Hermione simply nodded with a smile, already reaching towards the door. Once inside, they separated. Aster grabbed every candy on her list, grimacing as her arms were suddenly full of confectionaries. Each time she passed by the licorice wands, her stomach did somersaults, wishing she could grab just one without something falling out of her grip.

Aster paid without a fuss, giving the licorice display one last look of longing, then found Hermione who was already waiting outside with her purchase.

They made their way over to the Three Broomsticks which was as busy as ever. Taking the only quiet and available spot by the fireplace, they ordered their butterbeer and started going over what they bought.

"I swear, she would've made the contents of my trunk explode if I didn't bring these back for her." Aster waived around the box of caramels, tempted to chuck the box into the roaring fire. For the sake of a peaceful trip to London, she'll swallow her pride. Revenge will have to come later.