𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢.𝐖𝐞 𝐂𝐫𝐲

Start from the beginning

✦✦✦

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐬𝐦𝐨𝐤𝐞 filled my nostrils, the faint sound of crying surrounded me as I stepped into Terry's mansion. "Miss Kreese, let me take that for you." Carla offered quietly, opening her arms for my bag. I placed my bag gently in her hands, "What's going on?" I questioned gently. "You better ask your mother." She muttered before walking off. I let out a sigh before walking towards the main living room, I stood in the doorway to see my mom sat near the fire with tears streaming down her face. I watched her for a few moments, unsure what to say to her. She doesn't deserve my pity, not really.

"Why are you crying?" I finally asked, leaning against the doorway. "Oh, Isabelle." She shakily said, standing up and walking towards me, she wrapped her arms around me, sniffling. "Get off me." I sternly ordered, she instantly did so. "Answer my question." I demanded, coldly. She never properly explained why she spoke to Lewis, but I didn't need to hear it. "Terry's kicked me out, I've got an hour to get my things together and leave." Mom sniffled to me. "I'm getting Carla to get your things together now." She informed me as I scoffed.

"Why would you do that? He's kicked you out, not me." I retorted harshly to my mother. "You're leaving me on my own?" Amelia frowned. "You're getting no sympathy from me, you deserve everything that's happening to you right now." I snarled to my mom who got in my face. "How dare you disrespect your own mother like that! After everything I've done for you." She glowered to me, I grabbed her arms and shoved her against the doorframe.

"You're worthless mom, going back to someone who spent years abusing you and your children. I'm glad Terry's kicking you out, I can't stand the sight of you." I sneered to her. "You were always a disappointment." Mom retorted, I tightened my grip on her. "This disappointment knows exactly what you and Terry did to Stingray and Kreese." I snarled back, it brought joy to me how her face instantly fell. "T-That was all Terry, I just went along with it because I love him." Amelia stammered. "Lies." I glared. I let go of my mom who grabbed her bags and went towards the door, "Don't let the door-" I went to say with a smirk when I saw Terry stood there.

"Terry, baby, please! We can make this work." My mom begged, dropping her bags and walking towards the tall man. She put her hands on his biceps and looked to him pleadingly. Terry looked down to my mother, his face stone cold. "Save it, Amelia. You made your bed, lie in it." He sternly told her. "Do you want me to beg?" She questioned him, her voice barely above a whisper. My sensei leant down to her level, "No, because begging is for people who deep down are worthy of forgiveness. You aren't." Terry seriously explained, it was shocking to watch the scene play out as there was no malice in his voice yet such desperation in my mothers.

"Are you really going to do this to Isabelle? Leave her without her mother?" She frowned. Terry glanced up to me as he stood back up properly, finally acknowledging I was there. "Firecracker doesn't seem too upset, now, leave." He ordered, my mother sighed, "I love you, Terry." She seriously told him before leaving. I didn't know why I did this, but even after all the shit Terry's done I still pitied him. I couldn't forget the mentor he'd been to me for the past months- no matter how hard I wanted to do the "right" thing. I walked up to Terry and wrapped my arms around him, he hugged me back. "It'll be okay, Terry." I softly assured him, shutting my eyes.

"I'm glad I can count on you Isabelle, thank you." Terry sincerely replied. "You can, I promise." I promised him, pressing a small kiss onto his cheek- I felt a rush of guilt for betraying him. I wanted to be a good person, but I wasn't exactly sure what that meant. Who was I meant to side with? I snapped out of my thoughts and let go of Terry. We didn't say a word as we walked towards the living room, I sat down on my favourite arm chair as it was close enough to the television yet near the fire to the point I'd not melt. Terry went towards the small bar and poured us both a scotch, I accepted the drink from him, not wanting to admit that I'm trying to give up drinking. Ever since Louie, I've tried to limit myself.