a ritual turned good

Lisa didn't hate her friends, not really. They would bring her presents on her birthday, Ten was always introducing her to cute girls, and even Seulgi was famous for bringing her coffee when she was stressed. So no, she didn't really hate her friends. There were just, hard to deal with sometimes. Sometimes as in right now.

"Come on Lisa," Ten said as he looked up at her from the couch. "You lost the bet fair and square."

Lisa sighed and rested her hands on the kitchen counter, glaring into the den. Sure, she never should have accepted the bet, Ten did tend to have larger arm muscles than her and the outcome of an actual arm wrestling match wasn't hard to predict, but she was nothing if not stubborn.

"Lisa," Seulgi said from her own spot in the den. "We have the cloaks and candles. We are also hungry and ready for pizza. Let's do this."

Knowing that even if she did insist her way out of the situation she would never hear the end of it, Lisa grudgingly agreed. Seulgi and Ten helped to set up, pulling the couches away from the center of her small den and pushing them against the walls. Lisa called her favorite pizza place, just down the road, and ordered their usual two medium pizzas, one with just veggies, one with all meat.

"Thirty minutes, as usual." Lisa called out as she hung up and went to check the progress in the den.

Ten had already donned his cloak and was using a yardstick to battle with an imaginary enemy, making less than realistic Star Wars noises as he did so. Seulgi had her own cloak on as well, the hood pulled up and hanging low over her eyes, casting her face in an eerie shadow. She rose up dramatically as Lisa approached, grinning eerily.

"Do we have to do the makeup?" Lisa asked, regretting this more and more.

"Yes." Ten and Seulgi answered together.

They did the makeup, and Lisa had to admit that despite the fact she was about to probably frighten a poor pizza delivery person, they did look super cool. Dark eyeshadow clung to her eyelids and swooped under her eyes before flowing all the way back to the hairline above her ears. Seulgi had even run a line of water through the dark powder that was gathered right under Lisa's eyes, allowing some of the black to run down her cheeks. Ten's makeup was simple as well, three white strikes diagonal along his face accompanied by one black streak under them. Seulgi had a line painted from her forehead down along the bridge of her nose, as well as a light rubbing of black eyeshadow around her eyes and under her cheeks, making her natural face contours stand out even more than usual.

"Time for the candles." Seulgi announced. Lisa helped her set up the many little tea lights she had bought the other day, strategically placing and then lighting them. Ten set up music, and Lisa cursed pandora for having an 'ancient ritual' playlist.

Ten took a seat in the center of the room and patted the space on either side of him, inviting Lisa and Seulgi to join. Lisa sat down while Seulgi clicked off the lights before joining the other two as well. The room was cast with shadows from the multiple candles and as Lisa looked around, she had to admit that it did look super creepy. The sparse lighting made their faces stand out even more, and the moaning music really helped the atmosphere.

"So remember," Ten said as though Lisa could ever forget. "When you answer the door dramatically remove your hood and collect the pizza. Then go back into the kitchen to get the tip. Leave the door wide open so that they may feast their eyes upon this glorious work of art. Then don't forget to ask for their number."

Lisa groaned. "I hate you both so much."

"Hey, be glad we didn't drag more friends into this. Your humiliation will at least be limited between us three." Seulgi said.