the right place

Lisa really wants to go home. Her shift is supposed to be over. She has done all the nightly cleaning except for one table that is occupied by a customer who is completely zoned out to the rest of the world, laser-focused on her laptop.

She has been here all afternoon and has only gotten up to get more coffee and go to the bathroom. Lisa doesn't really care about her occupying a table all day, but now she has plans. Bambam was going to take her to a shitty movie and they were going to spy on Jaehyun and Rosé. Those were important.

Usually, customers would have noticed Lisa shutting off some of the lights, flipping the 'Open' to 'Closed,' or even the fact that it was fifteen minutes past closing. Not this woman, she must be working on something serious, or she just doesn't care. It could be either.

Chanyeol had left after all the cleaning had been done, he had a show to get ready for tonight. It was just Lisa and this customer left in the café. She doesn't do well with confrontation, but she finally works up the courage to approach her.

Big mistake.

This is the most beautiful woman Lisa has ever seen. She had thought she had liked girls before, and this confirmed any of her doubts. She was wearing a blue pantsuit with touches of pink. She seemed to command respect. Her shoulder-length waves was maybe a bit outdated, but it suited her. It framed her face perfectly and oh, my. Those cheekbones. If Lisa was a sculptor, this woman would be her muse.

Despite Lisa having approached her, the woman doesn't seem to notice her presence. She is too focused on her work, typing away furiously. This works out in Lisa's favor as she hasn't been able to form any words. Chanyeol had served her earlier, and Lisa had been busy with other customers so she hadn't really gotten a good look at her. Now that she has, she wishes she had seen her earlier, so she could have worked up the courage to talk to her before she came over.

Whatever, these things never work out for Lisa anyways. She just has to tell her that it's closing time. The lady will surely leave and Lisa can go to the movie with Bambam and forget that any of this happened. All she has to do is open her mouth.

"Excuse me," Lisa finally says, "It's time for us to close."

The woman looks up and her cat-like eyes meet Lisa's. They look confused as she looks around to notice they are the only two left in the café.

"Oh my," the woman says, "I didn't realize how late it'd gotten, I was so caught up in my work."

"What are you working on?" Lisa asks because she has no filter. Maybe she asks because she wants to continue talking to this woman, she wants to know more about her. Lisa finds herself wanting to know absolutely everything about this total stranger.

The woman sighs and leans back in her chair, looking at her computer she says, "A story. I'm trying to get my 'big break' as a reporter, but it is turning out more challenging than one would have guessed."

Lisa sits down across from the woman and asks, "Is it your first story?"

The woman looks back up at her and their eyes lock again. Lisa feels something turn over in her stomach as the woman answers, "It would be my first paying job, if I could figure out how to make something out of nothing. This isn't the type of thing people want to read about in their local newspaper."

"Then sell it to someone else," Lisa says, "I mean depending on what kind of story, you could go for a beauty magazine, a conspiracy theorist's website, or TMZ. You just need to find the right place to print your story."