about that...

You met Jennie at the hospital.

It wasn't one of those cute clichés where she pretended to have ailments just to come and see you, or two doctors constantly banging in the on call room like every medical show ever. No. It really wasn't all that exciting. It certainly wasn't romantic-mostly because you looked like utter shit with it being the end of your twelve hour shift, plus you honestly hadn't showered in two days.

There was also the fact that she discovered you tiredly leaning on the vending machine, angrily muttering at a jammed bag of Cheetos that they had betrayed you.

You must have looked insane.

She looked beautiful.

It was one of those clichés where you heard her laughing at you but lost your witty retort the moment you witnessed the smirk on her face and the shine of her badge (the obvious response when you were tired and weak and faced with an obscenely attractive cop).

You wouldn't have hesitated to call her your knight in shining armour when she picked the lock on the machine with a subtle wink and a gesture to keep your mouth zipped about what you saw.

You tried to forget about the detective with the sharp smile and warm eyes until Rosé introduced her as her new partner Jennie. Then you spent your time trying to pretend you weren't wondering what she tasted like, or what her skin looked like painted with the morning sun.

By the time you could admit to yourself that she had you from the second she saved your snacks, she was kissing you. Or, in reality, you were kissing her, because she brought you something other than hospital coffee and you decided you wanted the on call room to be a little more exciting.

That moment happened four months ago.

Except, there was a chance that no one knew that said event occurred because the two of you wanted to figure out what it actually was before you told everyone, and then the more time that passed, the more scared you got that Rosé was going to be angry with you (which was totally justifiable when you think back to senior year when you kept kissing Mina to yourself for a day, and she kicked off about how best friends were supposed to tell each other everything immediately-probably the reason you knew way too much about her and Jisoo's sex life).

That was essentially the basis for how you'd ended up in a secret relationship.

That was how you ended up with a secret that was definitely going to result in you having a heart attack from all the near misses.

Lying and sneaking hadn't been so bad when the two of you were sharing timid kisses, and almost declarations of feelings. The second Jennie accidentally told you she loved you during climax however-that was when everything started falling apart. That was when you started getting distracted, and reckless, and forgetful about plans made and your best friend's tendency to barge into your apartment unannounced.

Such forgetfulness was your exact problem this morning.

You wake up to soft, steady breaths against your neck and warm arms circling your waist. You wake up peacefully despite knowing the presence of a certain someone still in your bed means you've woken up way before you should have (read: before midday). There's minimal grumbling when you spin in Jennie's arms, and you can't help the chuckle that spills out as she shuffles closer, tucking her face in the crook of your neck.

"Good morning." She husks in a tone that brings you right back to the night before, a tone that reminds you there are no barriers between her skin and yours, a tone that brings forth the memory that today is your day off and you're quite sure you can convince her to stay in bed a little longer.

Jenlisa OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara