2|Some Man Giving Orders

Start from the beginning

She stepped back. "I cannot do that madam. Mr. Mariano made his instructions very clear."

I picked up my bag and shrugged. "Okay, I guess I'll be leaving now."

I started to walk to the door but she ran out in front of me and slammed the door behind her.

I heard a clicking noise and when I checked, the door was locked.

I started hitting the door. "Hey, let me out!"

"I am sorry madam but I cannot let you leave," she said before I heard her footsteps become fainter and fainter.

What the hell?

I tried hitting the door again but no one answered.

I rushed to pick up my phone and call for help but there was no service.

Panic started to attack me and I started banging the door again.

I did this for the next thirty minutes until I lost hope and just sat on the couch.

They're going to pay for this.

I'm going to write a shit-ton of bad reviews on their page.

Like if that's gonna scare them.

I have to do something. I can't let them lock me up here and just forget about it.

I sat and stared at the four walls until I heard the door click and open.

I immediately stood up. "You guys are going to pay for this! I'm going to report you to-"

I paused when I saw him standing there with his hands resting in his pant's pockets.

He wore a navy blue suit. Does this man only wear suits?

I grew even more upset. "You told them to do this, didn't you?"

He walked lazily to me. "Elena, do you know that I am a busy man? Why should I leave work just because you want to throw a tantrum. Am I marrying a child?"

"It's Elianna."

"What?"

"My name is Elianna, you bastard!" I shouted.

He sighed. "I don't care. Now go be a good girl and try on the dress."

"No."

He turned to the worker. "Bring the dress."

She nodded. "Yes sir."

He turned back to me. He started walking towards me and each step he took forward, I took backward.

We did this until my back finally pressed against the wall.

"I know you're used to doing anything you wanted when you were living with your father but let me make myself clear, this will not happen when you are with me. You will do everything I say without a question."

"No," I said as I pulled myself away from the wall.

He used one of his hands to push me back to the wall.

"Ow," I groaned in pain.

"Stop wasting my time and do as I say!" He aggressively ordered.

The worker handed him the dress and he shoved it in my chest. "Try it on, now."

I glared into his unconcerned eyes for a few more seconds. He was not going to change his mind.

I grabbed the dress from him and marched into the changing room.

I don't like him. He upsets me.

He is disrespectful and mean. He thinks just because he has power he can treat people like shit?

Whatever he does is no good. Even papa seems afraid of this man but I am not buying it. It's all an act.

All these people are afraid of some man giving orders.

I pulled off my clothes and stepped into the dress. I pulled it up and walked out.

"I can't lace this up," I said a bit drily because I was still upset.

The worker led me back into the changing room and started to lace the back of my dress.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

I hated it.

The dress was beautiful. It was a big, white, puffy ball room dress with gems on it. It was perfect.

However, this is not what I want. It's too much.

I just wanted a simple, white mermaid dress.

Just like mom's.

"You're all set,madam," she said. "This dress fits you perfectly."

I frowned as she walked out.

"Come out," his voice ordered.

"No," I said. "You can't see me in the dress before the wedding day."

There was silence for a while before the curtains suddenly pulled across.

My heart pounded faster as I became frightened. His expressionless face had now shown annoyance.

"Did you not hear a word I said earlier?"

"It's a tradition-"

"Be quiet," he ordered as he thoroughly assessed my dress.

He pointed to a spot on my dress. "Fix that."

The worker nodded. "Yes sir."

"Tighten that," he ordered as he pointed to my waist.

"Yes sir."

"No, it's already tight!" I expressed because I knew I would feel uncomfortable if it were any tighter.

He paused and looked at me. "Did I ask for your opinion?"

I glared at him. "I will not take the disrespect."

He turned to the worker. "Call Sebastian when the dress is ready."

"Yes sir."

With that, he walked out.