[ 𝟏𝟑 ] 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

C'MON, LOOSEN THAT BELT A LITTLE

»»———- ✪ ———-««

    "CAN I BUY YOU A DRINK?" Robin could barely hear the man next to her over the bar's music and excited buzz of the crowd around her. He'd been standing nearby for the past half hour, she saw him out of the corner of her eye practically ogling her while she watched Dean hustle gamblers for the night.

It had been almost two weeks since the Hookman situation and nothing new had come up. Nothing about John Winchester's whereabouts, or about any strange happenings nearby.

She'd been in regular contact with Lacie since then, keeping her relatively updated about her journey with the brothers.

She mentioned the constant moving from motel to motel, but kept that they were being paid for by fraudulent credit cards. She mentioned the progress she was making towards finding John, but kept the details of their last hunt where an army of bugs nearly leveled a small town and them. She mentioned the nights she spent at bars drinking responsibly with the boys, but kept that Dean would spend that time scamming guys out of good portions of money.

Like he was doing now. At first, Robin was a little scared by how easily he was able to lie and walk away from a five minute conversation with twenty or forty bucks. But she very quickly got used to it when it bought them great food on the road and even her some little accessories at corner stores near their motels.

Robin pulled the one earbud she had in out and turned towards the slightly slurred voice beside her. He towered over her, but not by much. It was mostly his posture that forced her to look up at him.

He wasn't terrible looking, honestly. Although, maybe it was his height that made up for what was missing. Either way, she didn't let herself stare for too long. Then he'd think he actually had her on a line. And with the way he was sizing her up, that would only boost that awful ego of his.

"Can I help you?" Robin asked tiredly, looking back over to Dean who was pocketing some more cash with a massive grin on his face.

He started to scan the crowd for her — knowing Sam was already waiting back at the car — and when he found her, his smile vanished and his eyebrows came together. He caught sight of the man next to Robin and he tilted his head. Robin raised her eyebrows in return and shrugged slightly.

"I asked," the man chuckled drunkenly and leaned closer to her ear, making Robin flinch, "if I could buy you a drink, beautiful."

Robin cleared her throat uncomfortably and scooted a little bit further down the bar. "You know what? Sure. Rum and coke. On you." The redhead spun around and flagged down a bartender.

"I'll take a rum and coke, add it to his tab." She pointed to the man next to her, whose face started to morph into slight confusion as he looked back and forth between Robin and the bartender.

She got her drink and smiled sweetly at the worker. "Thanks." She said dryly as she patted the man's shoulder. She started to make her way back towards Dean, drink in hand, but the man grabbed her bicep and pulled her back. Her back knocked against the counter and she almost dropped her cup.

"Hey—" Robin started to seethe, her teeth gritted.

"I'd suggest you keep your hands off her if you wanna keep 'em."