[ 𝟎𝟓 ] 𝐧𝐨𝐭-𝐬𝐨-𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

— ❝ THIS IS GONNA BE THE WORLD'S FIRST UN-HAPPY ENDING

»»———- ✪ ———-««

    TWO GUNSHOTS ECHOED THROUGHOUT THE apartment, both flying clean through the black figure that stood tall before Robin. The thing didn't waver even an inch as it drew closer to her. The girl's eyes were blown wide and her body was petrified.

Two pairs of footsteps barreled down the hallway, deep voices shouting for Robin. Her response was caught in her throat. It wasn't until someone's - Robin wasn't sure whose - hand clasped her shoulder and began dragging her out towards the doorway did the cogs in her brain begin to turn.

Several more shots were fired, not from Robin's pistol, and Robin could hear Lacie's terrified screams mixed with sharp commands from the boys. But the girl threw herself at her closet, madly swiping at the duffel bag against the strong pull of one of the boys. Her fingers wrapped around one of the rough twill straps and she was able to jerk it free just in time for a searing heat to hit the side of her face.

Whoever had a grip on her let go and stumbled backwards. Robin's free hand flew up to her head, blocking her eyes from the blinding light of an explosion. Her entire room was set ablaze within seconds. Robin shouted for the three to run outside and she raised her gun towards where the figure had once been. Her eyes scrunched up against the light, but whatever had been there was long gone.

Robin clenched her teeth and ran out of the room, bag slung over her shoulder and gun in hand. She had no time to consider grabbing anything else, momentarily pitying Lacie's empty arms as she left. Smoke began to trail behind her in thick black billows, forcing her to yank her thin shirt over her nose.

She caught up to Dean, who had lingered at the door to make sure she made it out in time. He pushed her in front of him and rushed her down the stairs where Sam was trying to comfort Lacie. His phone was pressed to his ear, presumably with the police.

Lacie threw her arms around Robin when she hit the ground. She could feel her heart racing against her ribs and her whole body trembled, yet Robin was completely still. Out of a horrified shock or because of her overexcited adrenaline, she wasn't sure why. She slowly met Dean's horrified eyes from over Lacie's shoulder.

It must have been at least a year before the firetrucks and ambulances showed up. Ten never-ending minutes until the parking lot was swarming with families in pajamas, their fingers locked in prayer. They had Lacie sitting on the back end of an ambulance to check her vitals when they concluded the fire had started in her apartment. Robin would be up soon, but in the meantime she was slumped against the driver's door of Dean's car.

Sam had been ever-so-kind and draped his huge coat over her shoulders. Neither of them said a word, allowing the redhead's scattered mind to catch up with the present. Her bag laid at her feet, which were bare and cold on the asphalt.

"Robin," Sam carefully spoke, trying to get her eyes to meet his. "I know that this is stressful and all, but we need to get Dean out of here. He's, well, supposed to be dead. If you want to come with us, it's now or never."

Robin's lips slowly parted and she blinked robotically. "Yeah, sure. I gotta make sure Lacie has a place to stay, pull into the alley up the block and stay low. I'll be around in a few. Take the bag." The boys nodded, Sam quickly rounded the car and slid into the passenger's seat with her duffel bag. Robin stepped away from the car to let Dean in when she suddenly grabbed his shoulder. Even she was shocked at how tight her hold was. "Thank you. Really."

𝐑𝐔𝐍𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 || dean winchester ¹जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें