[ 𝟎𝟕 ] 𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐬 & 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫

I WOULDN'T TOUCH THESE GUYS WITH A TEN FOOT POLE

»»———- ✪ ———-««

    THE TRIP ENDED SOONER THAN Robin expected it to. Seven hours seemed to slip right through their fingers, casual conversation and a few food stops chipping at the wall that stood between the brothers and the girl. In no time, they had narrowed the location down to a small town along the outskirts of Eastern Iowa University.

Specifically, their first stop would be a fraternity house where the victim, Rich, used to live. It was the most solid lead Dean had, so he parked the Impala on the side of the street in front of the crowded residence hall. On the edge of the driveway, at least seven college boys were working on a run-down BMW. The hood was popped wide open, radio blasting music, and a grubby couch holding two boys made up the workspace.

The three stepped out of the car and strolled up to the crowd. Several pairs of eyes were already observing them, though carelessly, before they had even made it. Sam shot a glance at Robin, who was yanking the collar of her shirt down to build as much cleavage as she could. He cocked his head.

"What are you doing?" He questioned quietly. Robin kept her head up, flashing one of the boys on the couch a flirtatious smile. "Really?"

Robin jabbed a finger into his side. "Trust me, I wouldn't touch these guys with a ten-foot pole." Her lips were hardly moving as she sent the other oblivious boy a wink.

They stopped just in front of the car, waiting for the boy working underneath the vehicle to come out. He froze when he saw the three, taking a few extra seconds when he noticed Robin.

"Nice wheels." Dean forced his gaze back onto him. The two with their hands deep inside the car's engine slowly turned, actually showing disinterest. An awkward silence. "We're your new fraternity brothers from Ohio. Transfer students." He turned to the redhead in between him and Sam. "Hope you don't mind we brought her along."

"Not at all." Robin glanced over her shoulder to see one of the couch guys, red in the cheeks — hopefully from the heat — and a backwards black baseball cap on motioning her over. She sent Dean a calm nod and headed off towards them. The brothers hesitantly let her, wondering what she was up to.

She sat on the edge of the sofa while one of them pulled up a chair to her other side. She was practically caged in, but she was in no way trying to show her discomfort. As much as she wanted to, she needed to get information about Rich. Dean and Sam continued on up the driveway and into the house, sparing her one last check-up before vanishing inside.

"They your boyfriends or something?" The guy in the chair asked. Robin turned to him and smiled as dumbly as she could, sweeping her red locks to one side. She giggled, earning chuckles from both of them.

"Nah, I like to keep my options open. I'm Robin." She said sweetly. Flirting would get her nowhere, so she switched to Baseball Cap, who introduced himself as Cal. "So, I heard about what happened to that guy that used to live here. Rich, was it?" Robin cocked her head and pursed her lips into a dumb pout.

Their faces twitched with uncertainty, but they couldn't resist Robin's lighthearted innocence. "Yeah. People say it was some guy goin' around with a knife, but I heard it was bad. Real psychopath. Sucks it was Rich they got, though. His girlfriend's torn up about it."