[ 𝟏𝟐 ] 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬

HOLY SHIT, YOU'RE STILL ALIVE

»»———- ✪ ———-««

    "SAM! DROP!" DEAN'S VOICE RANG out along the narrow hallway just as Robin raised the rifle, aimed right at Sam's back. He stood right in between Robin and the figure, blocking her shot.

The second he heard his brother's voice, he dropped back to the ground. Robin took the shot the moment she was in the clear, unflinching at the loud bang that echoed off of the church walls.

It pierced the Hookman right in his back and shot through the wall, and it was like a ripple in an undisturbed lake the way his figure disintegrated outwards into a cloud. It looked fictitious, but it was completely real. He vanished, and Robin and Dean were able to see that Lori was fine. Scared, but fine.

She slowly unraveled herself from her position; arm raised defensively and her eyes squeezed shut while she awaited her fate.

Sam scooted towards her across the wooden floor, his face screwed up in pain as he held one of his arms to his chest. He watched his brother and the redhead rush into the room, scanning the area in case the spirit decided to reappear.

Robin clutched the rifle while Dean started towards his brother.

"I thought we burned all the silver!" Sam shouted frustratedly.

"So did I!" Dean shot back.

"Then why is it still here?"

"Seems like we missed something!" said Robin sarcastically as she reloaded the gun. Her eyes carefully scanned the walls of the room, Sam and Dean doing the same until they rested on Lori. Rather, what Lori was wearing. "Lori, where'd you get that chain?"

The girl looked down at her delicate silver cross necklace, eyebrows furrowing. "My father gave it to me." She said, very obviously confused.

"Where'd he get it?" asked Dean.

Lori stuttered as she explained, "It was a church heirloom. He gave it to me."

"Is it silver?" Sam damn near yelled in her face.

"Yes!"

Sam wrapped his good hand around the thin chain and yanked it off of Lori's neck. He went to stand up, but the sudden sound of scraping from the other end of the hall rendered them all frozen.

Robin turned around to see a deep mark getting etched into the drywall, its path headed straight for them. But whatever was making the mark wasn't visible. Yet she still cocked and raised the gun, eyes locked on the empty stretch before her.

"Robin. Give me the gun." Dean held his hand out towards the redhead, his gaze trained on the continuing gash in the wall. It kept growing closer, the eerie sound of the drywall chipping getting louder.

Robin surrendered the gun just as a gust of wind blew past both her and Dean, and he followed it to the wall not ten feet away from them. The hook once again dug into the wall and etched another line into it.

"Sam!" Dean shouted as he raised the gun at nothing. "Robin, take that necklace and burn it. I've got you."

Sam tossed the piece of jewelry at Robin without hesitation, the woman snagging it out of the air and bolting back towards the church basement. She ran as fast as she could, the feeling that she was being chased bringing goosebumps to her skin. A loud shot rang out from somewhere behind her, followed by a smaller crash.