[ 𝟏𝟎 ] 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐬

— ❝ I CAN'T GIVE YOU EVERYTHING NOW, WHERE'S THE FUN IN THAT? 

»»———- ✪ ———-««

    IF FRAT PARTIES WERE ROBIN'S scene in her college days, they certainly weren't anymore. Maybe it was the absurd amounts of alcohol that kept her carefree back then, or maybe it was the countless pairs of eyes on her belonging to boys far too young for her, but she found herself tailing Sam's giant frame around the crowded house. Somewhere among the herd, Dean wandered past cliques of pretty young women, probably in search of a drink table.

The two had miraculously found an empty sofa, separating themselves from the mass. Sam pulled a rolled up page out of his inner pocket and unraveled it, drawing Robin's attention. "Do you see him?" The brother asked. He noticed how fidgety the girl was, her eyes darting around the room like someone had a laser point on her.

Robin startled, but shook her head. "Trust me, we'd know if we saw him." She had to shout over the booming music.

Sam only chuckled. "Hey, Robin?" The redhead turned, barely catching the hesitation in his voice. "How are you holding up? Really? I mean, this must be a lot for you to take in." She was stunned by his concern, and Sam knew from the way her eyes softened.

Robin didn't answer immediately, taking a second to think. "Well, in the span of three days, my apartment burned down, I lied to my best friend and she still isn't calling back, I hitchhiked two states away with two guys I barely know, I've already bailed said guys out of jail, and I broke into a crime scene. I'm holding up pretty well."

Her sarcasm loosened the tension between the two and they shared a laugh, unaware of the man emerging from the crowd and heading straight for them.

"When did you two get back?" They could hear the grin on Dean's face before they saw it. When they looked up, he was already warily observing his brother and the redhead, slowly lifting a red cup to his lips. "What do you have?"

Sam stood first, prompting Robin to follow suit. He slid the paper to Dean, jutting his chin towards the path that led to the porch. The three pushed past drunken girls and boys until they made it outside.

"I think Robin may have been onto something earlier, we were looking for connections between Lori and the Hookman, and... well, look." Sam pointed to the article Dean was squinting at. 1932, Clergyman Arrested for Murder, the headline read. He shuffled to the page behind it. 1967, Seminarian Held in Hippie Rampage. "You see the pattern?"

Dean glanced between the two, not quite caught up yet. He set the plastic cup onto the wooden railing beside him and waited for someone to elaborate.

"Both cases had suspects who were heavily religious and preached against immorality, and then claimed he was innocent because the killings he was accused of were the work of an invisible force. Murder weapons were always with sharp instruments." Dean blinked once at Robin, the woman scoffing when he still hadn't made the connection. "Man of religion. Preaches against immorality and thinks he's doing his town a favor. Maybe this time, Reverend Sorenson is trying to protect his daughter."

Realization spread over the brother's features and he nodded, impressed. "Do you think he's summoning Karns?"

Robin shrugged, Sam mirroring the same uncertainty. "Maybe the poltergeist is somehow haunting the Reverend, not where the first killing happened." Sam thought aloud.