[ 𝟏𝟏 ] 𝐚 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

STAY OUT OF HER PANTY DRAWER

»»———- ✪ ———-««

    THE GRAVE ROBBERS WERE HOLED up in Dean's Impala until the start of visiting hours. They spent the entirety of sunrise alternating between dead silence, selections from Dean's tape box — which actually impressed Robin, though she'd never admit it — and check-up calls with Sam.

From what they could hear, he was in a room with a very distressed Lori. He couldn't elaborate much regarding what happened due to the constant coming and going of town police asking to question Sam one more time. All they could do was wait until they were allowed to go in on their own.

Robin must have dozed off at some point, the dazed girl jolting upright in her seat when Dean clapped her on the shoulder. The redhead expected to fight back and raised her fist at a flinching Winchester. She hesitated to back down when she realized it was him, rolling her eyes while he laughed at her.

"Sam texted. Hospital's open, c'mon." Dean tucked his phone back into his pocket and gave the girl an amused once-over before getting out of the car. The two slipped past the front desk after exchanging a nod with the busy receptionist.

"He gave the room number, right?" Robin asked when the man had to pause to read the labeled signs at each twist and turn in the hallways.

"Yes." Dean spat back matter-of-factly. Yet he glanced around like a lost puppy, muttering to himself.

Robin was too tired to even begin taunting him. Instead, she stifled a yawn behind her palm and trailed behind him as he ventured down another lengthy corridor.

He must have figured out where his brother was, because the next turn they took, they were met with two officers guarding the only room at the end of the hall. Dean spared Robin a curious glance, probably wondering if they were in the right place, but kept on. It wasn't until they saw Sam's unmistakable figure emerge from the doorway did they pick up their pace.

The two officers were already ahead of them, catching the two by their arms before they could make it through.

"It's alright, we're with him." Dean pointed past them and towards the younger Winchester. "He's my brother. Hey, brother!" His shout caught Sam's attention, as well as the Sheriff who was questioning him. The man gave the two a slight grimace before waving them through. At once, the officers let them go and they bolted down the stretch of hallway to Sam, who met them halfway.

"What the hell happened? You okay?" Dean asked, keeping his tone low.

Sam guided the two back down the hall. "Hookman."

"Whoa, you saw him?" Robin piped up from Sam's other side.

"Damn right I did. Why didn't you guys torch the bones?"

Robin met Dean's confused gaze, which they both turned right back towards Sam. "What are you talking about? We did. You think we got the wrong guy?"

"Or the wrong grave?" Robin wondered aloud, the skepticism in her own question obvious. It was, she didn't want to believe it, pretty viable. The grave was unmarked and there was no sure evidence that the symbol on the headstone wasn't anyone else's.

"It sure looked like him." Sam took a breath, trying to cool himself. "That isn't all. I'm not so sure the spirit is latching onto the Reverend."

"Yeah. Puts us right back to square one over why the hell it's here."

"I think it's latching on to Lori." Sam said. "Last night she found out that her dad was having an affair with a married woman."

The younger Winchester watched the realization spread over Robin's face, and his brother's scrunch with an even deeper confusion.