[ 𝟎𝟐 ] 𝐯𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

— ❝ IF HE TRIES ANYTHING, MAKE SURE YOU SHOOT HIM DEAD

»»———- ✪ ———-««

THE SOUND OF THE DOOR opening startled Robin out of her studious trance at the dining table and she looked up just in time to see a very tired Lacy trudge inside. Robin stole a glance at the time in the corner of her computer's screen and her eyes widened. "You're home already?"

Lacie tossed her backpack onto the living room sofa and let her hair down with an exasperated huff. "Yeah. How does Chinese for dinner sound?" She stalked into the kitchen and plopped down into the neighborhood seat, peering at Robin's screen. Her spine stiffened and she grabbed the back of it, swiveling it towards her. "What's all this?"

Tab after tab had been opened on Google, each one on different versions of the same story. Murderer gets caught, innocent expected to be released, culprit murdered. Lacie read over one of them, Robin silently observing her expression.

"Chinese sounds great." The redhead replied awkwardly when her friend fell completely silent.

Lacie stared back, shaking her head. "Robbie, what is this?" Her tone had no playfulness, but worry to it. Robin pursed her lips, hesitantly pushing the wrinkled slip of paper towards the blonde. Lacie raised her eyebrows, thinking Robin may have been joking when she picked the thing up and read the tiny side article. "They finally caught him, huh?"

"Yeah," Robin sighed. "One less thing to worry about. Poor Emily." She stole the paper back, sadly eyeing the small text that referred to the woman as nothing more than a hapless victim. "You remember that guy you bumped into when you came in?"

"Sure. Kinda cute, spoke like he's never interacted with another person before." Lacie rose from her chair and headed to the fridge, sticking her head inside and looking for a can of soda. Robin sucked her teeth.

"That's the one."

"What about him?" Lacie took her seat and popped open the can, taking a swig of cola.

Robin hesitated, wondering if she really was overthinking the interaction. "He said something really weird to me." She twirled a pen between her fingers.

Lacie sputtered a laugh. "I'm sure he did."

"No, not that," Robin forced a soft chuckle as she tongued her cheek. "He, uh, thought he recognized me. Then he leaves that behind after he gets his food. He had a little journal full of stuff that looked like this."

The blonde waited impatiently for Robin to get to the point of the story. "He thought he knew you?" Robin nodded. "Maybe it was a mistake, why are you worrying about it?"

Robin pressed a manicured finger to the bottom of the physical article. Lacie's eyes followed, squinting until she came across what her friend wanted her to see. The name of the culprit that had been caught for Emily's murder. He was caught after attempting to murder the original suspect's sister, Rebecca Warren, and an unidentified man.

Dean Winchester.

Lacie's mouth pulled into a frown. "Dean Winchester." She turned to Robin, shoulders shrugging.

Robin licked her lips and she lowered her gaze to the table. "The name Winchester rings a bell. Weird timing, maybe Sam did recognize me."