Chapter 31: The Dragon Queen's Emissary

Now that Terry was by their side, (Y/N) was confident that the two would be able to travel to StormSpire in no time. The only thing they had to worry about now was getting across the Midnight desert.

"We have to go around it." Terry explained.

"Why? Wouldn't it be much more easier to simply to go across it?" (Y/N) asked making Terry chuckle at the child's naiveness.

"Oh you poor little calf. Did they never teach you this in your Xadian school?"

(Y/N) grabbed their necklace, "Um...no...."

"Well, the Midnight desert is hot haunted and horrifying. It has black sand that observes the sun heat making it the hottest desert known to elf kind. But at night it's worse." Terry said, lowering his voice to add a bit of flair to the already terrifying description of the desert, "At Night Soulfang serpents come out and it is said that they suck the living soul out of their victims. Turning them into lifeless husks." Terry dropped the terrifying voice to then grin at the child, "Pretty cool right?"

(Y/N)'s mortified face proved otherwise, "Um... sure. We are definitely going around."

"Or I can help!" A cheery voice sounded from above the pair.

The two looked up to see a shadowy figure zoom above the two before landing in front of the pair.

It was a female elf wear a warriors outfit, she had grayish-blue skin with white markings. She had short but beautiful electric blue hair but what surprised (Y/N) the most were the wings on the females lower back.

"Who are you?" Terry asked, moving to stand in front of the child who remained awe struck.

The female elf bowed, "The name is Naimi-Selari-Mykantia but you can call me Nyx. I am here because I am an emissary of the Dragon Queen."

An Emissary to the Dragon Queen...

"You know her?" (Y/N) finally spoke.

Nyx nodded with glee, "Indeed. I was sent on a special mission to help bring the Dragon Prince back to his mother. So while I was on my way to try and find the little creature to my surprise there he was with a human and a female elf. So I used my Ambler to help them get across. The Midnight Desert" Nyx explained, "Aren't I just so very generous."

Terry tilted his head in confusion, "Wait, I never knew the Queen had an Emissary. I thought she was still in her eternal sleep."

The comment made the female elf begin to sweat, "Um... well of course she is. Which is why I was actually sent by the Queens personal Skymage to help the human and elf. But since I was successful in my mission. I have now been requested to offer anyone transportation to get across the Midnight desert."

Terry, still showing visible doubt about Nyx's story, shook his head, "Thanks but I think we'll be oka-"

"Wait!" (Y/N) said, stepping in front of the male elf, "This maybe the quickest way to the Queen and the quicker we get to StormSpire."

Terry gently pulled the nine year old to the side, "Listen. I know you want to find your dad. But some elves that offer transportation across the Midnighf Desert are known to be scammers and thieves. So I don't know if we should really believe her."

Since Nyx was only a few feet away from the pair, she could clearly hear what the conversation was about. So she quickly intervened.

The skymage elf used one of her wings to separate the pair before standing in form of (Y/N).

"You know, I have never seen a Startouch elf. It's rare for your kind to make an appearance in Xadia. What's a little thing like you going all the way to Stormspire for?"