Chapter 11: Ceremony

With their things all packed up both (Y/N) and Runaan began their long journey back to xadia. Now being so far away from home, (Y/N) couldn't help but feel nervous but also excited about what exactly will ensue as the two traveled the border between the two lands.

"So uh.... How exactly did you cross from Xadia to the human realm. I heard there are lakes of lava separating the two lands."

Runaan chuckled, "Yes. But like most walls that block one from the outside, there is always a way to go through it even if it's not through the front door."

(Y/N) stared confused at the moonshadow elf's metaphor, this made the male chuckle even harder.

"What he means is there are other ways to get through xadia without directly passing through the middle." Aaravos said, inside (Y/N)'s mind.

"Oooooooh. Wait, how do you know that?"

"Well, with my beliefs I always had to use other methods in order to get access to the human side. I don't think anybody would have just let me pass right through the middle of the border."

(Y/N) nodded, staring at the moonshadow elf who was wiping a fake tear, "I mean to say there are other ways to get through, (Y/N)."

Not wanting to seem like they had not just been told the meaning of the metaphor, (Y/N) feigned understanding of the phrase.

"Oooooooh I get it." Runaan smiled before continuing his walk ahead, "You know, I didn't take you for one to laugh at others. Usually you were so serious all the time."  (Y/N) said, walking beside the elf.

"Well, I was captured by the enemy of my kind. Stuck in a prison cell with no ways of escaping and fearful that I would never see my husband again. So I wasn't exactly going to be friendly towards you." Runaan explained, this time (Y/N) was truly hit with realization of what he meant.

"Ooooooh yeah. That makes sense." (Y/N) said, fumbling with their silver necklace.

At the sound of the metal ringing, Runaan turned back to face the freckled child, "That reminds me. I've always seen you with that necklace. Where did you get it from?"

(Y/N) looked down at the jewelry, "Oh, yeah. My father said it was around my neck when he found me. It was how he named me as well" Runaan crouched down as (Y/N) unhooked the necklace around their neck and placed it in the open hands of the elf.

The white haired male then began to examine the necklace. In the middle of a silver chain was a silver pendent with the name (Y/N) engraved in the middle of it. It was beautiful but there was something else about the necklace.

Runaan turned the pendent on its side, "What's this button do?" The elf rubbed the button as if tempted to push it but gave it back to the child.

"Button?" (Y/N) moved the pendent on the side to see a small button barely visible unless you look hard enough, "I didn't know it had that."

Not even thinking about what could happen, (Y/N) pressed the button and the pendent soon opened in two halves. Almost like a projector, a display of light shot out from the open pieces. On display were stars and a planets orbiting around each other.

Both elf and human both stared in awe at the beautiful sight. It was like a night sky but you got see what else was beyond those tiny dots in the sky. But it didn't stop there. Along with the light show, a melody began to play.