Chapter 24: New friends

(Y/N) groaned as they woke up with a bit of a headache. It seemed like the past few days their health had just been getting worse and worse. But of course, being the young naive child (Y/N) was. They just decided to hide it and hope no one noticed it and it would eventually go away. Except for Aaravos who already noticed, then again the startouch elf could just invade (Y/N)'s mind. But (Y/N) had promised that from today onwards, they would try not to use magic so they way they could recover from spell use.

A knock at the door made the child sit up, in came Runaan and, of course, Ethari not far behind. "Good morning, (Y/N)." Runaan greeted holding a tray of food.

(Y/N)'s mouth immediately began to water and the sight of all the different Xadian foods, including the purple dust fruit. That was the first thing (Y/N) grabbed and happily munched on.

Runaan and Ethari smiled, "Make sure you eat your breakfast and get ready quickly, someone's waiting to talk to you." Ethari explained making (Y/N) stop their chewing.

"Me?" (Y/N) questioned pointing at themselves.

Runaan chuckled patting (Y/N)'s head, "Yep. They wanted to speak to you directly."
The male elf's head remained playing with (Y/N)'s hair. But his smile soon turned to one of confusion as he felt something poking his hand. He was about to feel for it more when (Y/N) winced in pain.

Runaan recoiled, which (Y/N) quickly took notice of and tired to explain away, "Um... I uh... was messing with my sword and I bumped my head so that's why my head is a little sore."

Runaan felt a bit of relief, it was just a bump that's all it was. Ethari cleared his throat, defusing the awkward tension in the air.

"Please be more careful with the sword next time (Y/N). Now, go finish up and get ready. We'll meet you outside." Runaan nodded at his husbands words before the two exited together hand in hand.

Now gone, (Y/N) just stared at the door as they began to recall the previous nights events. When Aaravos affectionally pet their head he also stopped before petting a little more aggressively, as if he felt something on their head.

(Y/N) figured they would ask either elf later, for right now they had to finish and get ready to figure out who this mystery person was.

Once successful in getting ready, (Y/N) grabbed their sword and put it in the new sheath Ethari made them. They then walked out of Rayla's room and towards the entrance of Ethari's workshop where (Y/N) encountered someone familiar.

It was the same elf girl that (Y/N) saved yesterday. She had her back towards the human and it seemed like she was fumbling with something. Ethari and Runaan were also outside with the girl, and they quickly took notice of the little ones presence.

Runaan then pointed towards (Y/N) making the elf girl immediately turn. Now face to face the moonshadow elf child couldn't help but turn red with embarrassment as (Y/N) got closer.

(Y/N) could see her quickly hide the thing she was fumbling with behind her as they got closer. Finally face to face, (Y/N) let out a small wave, "Hi."

The elf girl didn't respond right away, only turning her head.

"Um... you wanted to see me?" (Y/N) asked as the girls already bright purple skin turned darker.

Finally taking a deep breath the elf girl pulled her hands in front of her to show what she was hiding. It was a bracelet, weaved together with fabric with a familiar looking gem in the middle.

"Is that a moon opal?"

"Yes." The elf girl finally answered, "I... uh... made this. As a thank you for saving me yesterday and a sorry for my father. he has a temper."