Chapter 27: The new elf in town

Both Ethari and Runaan couldn't believe their eyes. Instead of the (S/C) skin, (H/C) (H/L) hair, their laying on the bed was a purple skinned elf with glowing white starry freckles all over their body. Their hair was fully white with two horns just barely poking out of their head.

"It can't be." Ethari gasped while Runaan turned to see the doctor, very hesitantly make her way inside.

"What happened?" Runaan asked.

"I was in the middle of making the necessary potion to help the human child. But then they started mumbling and they began to glow. I quickly covered my eyes and when the light finally dimmed, I looked back and saw that."

Runaan turned back to the startouch elf on their bed. He very hesitantly made his way to the small child. He examined the young elf.

Sure the skin and hair color changed, but this elf still had the same features as (Y/N). His eyes traveled down until they landed on a familiar silver necklace with the child's name engraved on it.

"It's definitely (Y/N). But how can this be? They are a human... or was...."

"Are you sure they were human?" Ethari asked no hesitance in his voice.

"Ethari!"

"Im sorry, dear. But I just have to ask. I mean, I haven't been out of Silvergrove in a while but from what I remember about humans, they don't have freckles that glow when they use magic, or hair that slowly changes color." Ethari said matter of factly.

Runaan sighed turning back to face (Y/N). Seeing his husbands heartbroken reaction, Ethari went over and wrapped his arms around his husbands shoulders. Placing his chin on Runaan's head.

"I have noticed those things but I didn't want to force (Y/N) to tell me anything. Sure I would ask and they gave me an answer but it seems at times even they didn't know why their hair was changing and they had glowing freckles. Heck, at times it would seem like they could think of spells out of the blue. But I just thought they were a really strange human. I never thought this was going to be the answer. But this only leads to more questions." Runaaan said, eyes focused on (Y/N) who slowly began to squirm as they slowly began to wake up.

Runaan yawned and stretched their limbs as far as they could, it was as if they were waking up from a nap and not a magical transformation.

Once fully stretched, (Y/N) slowly began to sit up and open their eyes. The first thing they saw was a very worried Runaan and Ethari.

"Hey guys. Is everything okay?" (Y/N) continued to yawn, rubbing their now darkened eyes.

"Um... Everything is fine. How are you?" Ethari asked nervously.

"I feel funny." (Y/N) said rubbing their white head of hair, "I also had the strangest dream where I was told I was gonna turn into a startouch elf."

(Y/N) looked down at their slightly blurry hands, "Ridiculous right?"

Both Ethari and Runaan faced each other and slowly turned back, trying to come up with some kind of response.

All the while (Y/N)'s vision was becoming much more clearer and their head began to get less fuzzy.

"Hey, did someone turn off the lights. Why do I look so dark?" (Y/N) asked, further shaking the sleep while Ethari and Runaan grew further nervous.

"Um... no the lights are in. It's just you have uh... began to change."

At Ethari's response, (Y/N) had finally finished getting the exhaustion out their system and their eyes began to focus.

(Y/N) looked down to see their arms turned a full light blueish and purple tone with white stars all over them. They grabbed the now empty basin the doctor was going to use to help make a potion and observed their features.