Chapter 20: Let's Play a Game!

Adri's POV

I am put in such an awkward situation because of the angle he is holding me. He has one arm around my waist and another hanging on my neck, slightly. I can feel his breath against my skin, sending chills down my spine. I still can't decide whether I should move away or stay in this EXTREMELY awkward moment. I was about to ask him to kindly move when he started to talk. "You know, this is nice, laying down with you on this couch" he says. " Don't you think so?" he asks. I stay silent, not knowing how to respond. I closed my eyes and act as though I fell asleep. "You probably fell asleep, didn't you" he sighs. I feel myself being lifted off the nice warm couch. I hear footsteps and then a door being opened and closed. I feel myself being placed down onto a bed and sheets being placed on top of me. Then as I thought he left me, I feel a kiss being placed upon my lips. My eyes open and Jason is looking straight into my eyes. I smile seeing my boyfriend's face.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I heard you mumbling in your sleep, so I came to check up on you," he replies.

"Oh, well, what time is it?" I ask, seeing that the light was out.

"10am" he replies. I spring up from my bed in shock.

"Shit, I'm going to be late for my afternoon class" I say. "Sorry babe, but can you leave for a few minutes?" I ask him. He gets off my bed and nods, walking out of the door. I quickly strip my clothes and take a quick 5 minute shower. I put on a random t-shirt and some jeans. I put my hair in a quick ponytail and quickly apply a bit of eyeliner and concealer. Satisfied with my look, I check the time. 10:30am. I had another half hour. I rushed downstairs to find Jason in the kitchen cooking food. I go into the fridge and pull out an apple. I grab my keys and book bag heading for the door.

"Oh no you don't" I hear as I'm lifted into the air. I scream a little before I am sat down in a chair. I look up to see Jason smiling at me. He puts something in front of me and I look back down. I see a plate of bacon and scrambled eggs. I giggle a bit.

"Thank you" I say. He takes a sit across from me. I eat my food and check the time. 10:45am. I better leave or I'll be late. "Jason, I have to go, I'll see you when I get home" I say. I get up and walk over to where he is sitting and kiss him on the cheek. I grab my keys from the table and make my way to my car. I hop in and start the engine. I'm about to leave when I see a knock on my car window. I roll down the tinted window to see Mitch. "Yes?" I ask.

"I need a ride somewhere, and since you're leaving could you give me one?" he asks.

"I'm kinda on my way to school, sorry" I say, looking at the clock for the billionth time. 10:50am. Mitch better let me leave or I will be late. My class starts at 11:30am. I really don't have time for this.

"Oh, ok then" he says, backing away from my car. I roll the window back up and drive off to the University. Today is Wednesday, September 23. My birthday is next month, as is our upcoming battle for humanity. I honestly do not want to battle anybody. There is always a risk of someone dying on the field or someone being critically injured. I just don't see the point in a battle for good. I'm not saying that I want evil to win, but I don't want to lose people that I love and care about. However, there is nothing that we can do about it. I finally make it to school so I check the time once more. 11:20am. I have ten minutes left. I can still make it on time. I find a parking spot near the entrance and park my car. I grab my backpack and rush out my car, slamming the door shut and locking it. I rush to the building and check my phone one last time. 11:25am. I open the door to my class and see something I did not expect. Nobody was there. A person taps my shoulder from behind. 

"What are you doing here?" he asks. I turn to face Mitch. 

"I could ask you the same exact thing" I reply.